We are seeking a full-time Competitions Manager to lead and coordinate the day-to-day delivery of England Squash sanctioned competitions, including junior competitions, Inter County Championships (junior, senior and masters), National Schools and National Club Championships.
As Competitions Manager you will develop new competitive opportunities aimed at attracting new players from a wide range of backgrounds, lead and support a diverse team of staff, volunteers, and tournament organisers, and build and maintain excellent relationships with partners and stakeholders.
Main purpose of role
- Lead and coordinate the day-to-day delivery of England Squash sanctioned competitions, including (but not limited to) junior
sanctioned competitions, Inter County Championships (junior, senior and masters), National Schools and National Club Championships
- Develop new competitive opportunities aimed at attracting new players from a wide range of backgrounds
- Lead and support a diverse team of staff, volunteers, and tournament organisers
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with partners and stakeholders
Main duties and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for England Squash sanctioned competitions, including (but not limited to) junior sanctioned competitions, InterCounty Championships (junior, senior and masters), National Schools and National Club Championships
- Build, support and maintain effective relationships with internal colleagues, competition delivery partners, tournament organisers, players and parents
- Ensure existing England Squash competitions are well attended, highly valued and delivered within agreed budget and timelines
- Manage all aspects of selected competitions software and rankings, including maintaining excellent relationships with service providers
- Line manage and support relevant staff, including the Competitions Officer and various contracted roles and volunteers
- Develop new competition formats and initiatives that engage a wide range of diverse new participants
- Lead the development of engaging content and campaigns to support tournament organisers and other partners
- Create and communicate guidance documents
- Lead the collation of data and evaluation of projects and campaigns and prepare reports
- Collaborate and connect with the squash community to inform decisions and delivery of competitions
- Responsible for managing the competitions budget and budgets for individual events and / or campaigns
- Organise and attend relevant meetings, forums and events as required
- Manage relationships with partners responsible for organising/delivering England Squash owned competitions and events, including the Professional Squash Association (PSA)
- Liaise with international bodies and other international squad federations as required.
- Provide support to the England Squash Safeguarding Team
- Perform duties in compliance with our Equal Opportunities Policy and Child Protection and Vulnerable Adults Policy
- The health and safety of all staff, volunteers and other personnel is of paramount importance. All duties must be conducted adhering to the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To undertake other such duties and responsibilities that the postholder may, from time to time, be asked to perform by England Squash
- Willing and able to work unsocial hours when required. The role may, at times, include some evening and weekend work plus travelling with occasional overnight stays
View full job description and person specification
How to apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your CV and covering letter to Steve Jones at England Squash. The letter should outline how you meet the person specification.
All applicants must also complete the England Squash Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Closing date: 5pm on Sunday, 4th December 2022
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be in the week commencing 12th December 2022.
England Squash is keen to address areas of underrepresentation in its workforce and is passionate about creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We actively encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the role, please contact Mark Williams (CEO), by email at [email protected]
and come back later!