As Club Tennis Coach, you'll be working as part of a team in the Tennis England Programme providing curriculum and after-school classes, club courses, holiday camps and individual lessons. This is a self-employed position working 30 to 50 hours per week.
Club Location: Tennis England at Imber Court Sports Club, East Molesey KT8 0BT. Facilities include 6 grass courts, 4 floodlit Padel courts, 9 Hard Tennis courts (four floodlit) and 2 Pickleball courts.
Tennis England is looking for an energetic and passionate Club Coach. The ideal candidate must have a desire to improve their personal development skills as we would put them through the leadership programme: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Key responsibilities include:
• Coaching sessions in the club, schools, holiday camps as well as private one-to-one tennis coaching.
• Working collaboratively with a team of tennis coaches at club and school programmes.
• Developing and growing the club programme.
• Actively support and encourage juniors to start competing in tennis competitions with ESG tournaments and other LTA sanctioned tournaments.
• Identify young talent amongst the juniors and getting them to play more tennis to feed the ESG High Performance Academy.
• Deliver high quality individual lessons.
Other responsibilities include:
• Bringing energy and enthusiasm to every session
• Being professional in your interactions with children, parents, colleagues and schools
• Being on time for all sessions
• Safeguarding of the children
• Safe set up and packing away of equipment, ensuring all equipment is stored safely
• Teaching relevant skills, progressions and techniques
• Talking with parents about the progress of their children
• Making sure health and safety procedures are being followed
• Becoming familiar with and following all club policies and procedures
• LTA Level 3 minimum
• Must be able to drive and have a car
• At least 3 years of tennis coaching experience
• Fluent in English
• You need to have a love for working with children
• Great communication skills and a “can do” attitude
• Highly organised, with strong attention to detail combined with a passion for learning and self-improvement
• Ideally located in or near the area
• Be willing to work hard
• Good tennis playing level
• Tennis England will fund a percentage of future LTA Coaching Qualifications.
• Leadership Program of courses which we fund for you to attend, including:
• 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
• Outstanding Leadership
• 5 Choices of Productivity
• Leading at the Speed of Trust
• The Leader in Me
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter with your application.