We are looking for a reliable and enthusiastic Director of Sport with a professional, hardworking and positive attitude and excellent communication and timekeeping skills.
The ideal candidate will have completed a sports science and coaching related degree. They must have a desire to improve their professional skills as we would put them through the leadership programme : The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
England Sports Group has a club, school and holiday camps programmes. The club programme consists of tennis, gymnastics and multi-sports. Whilst, we teach all sports within our school’s programmes. The holiday camps programme consists of multi-sports, tennis, gymnastics and dance. It is the Director’s responsibility to coordinate and manage a coaching team to ensure effective delivery of all sessions.
The role is divided between being office based and coaching in our programs
The Director of Sport will be reporting directly to the Managing Director and Chairman of ESG.
- Managing the team of coaches in the club and school classes as well as our holiday camps.
- Coaching in the club classes, schools, holiday camps as well as private one to one sports coaching.
- Developing and growing the club through new school links, new classes and getting more players.
- Working with assistant coaches in classes to help them progress as coaches and continue to build the strong team ethic.
- Actively support and encourage juniors to start competing in competition in England Sports Group tournaments and other sanctioned tournaments.
- Identify young talent amongst the juniors and getting them to play more sports to feed the England Sports Group High Performance Academy.
- Deliver high quality individual lessons.
- Bringing energy and enthusiasm to every session.
- Being professional in your interactions with children, parents, colleagues and schools.
- Being on time for all sessions
- Safeguarding of the children
- Safe set up and packing away of equipment, ensuring all equipment is stored safely.
- Teaching relevant skills, progressions and techniques
- Talking with parents about the progress of their children, when necessary
- Making sure health and safety procedures are being followed
- Being familiar with and following all club policies and procedures.
- LTA Level III Minimum or minimum level II sport qualification or a degree
- Driving is desirable.
- At least 3 years of coaching experience
- Fluent in English
- You need to have a love for working with children
- Great communication skills and a “can do” attitude.
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail combined with a passion for learning and self-improvement.
- Ideally located in or near the area.
- Be willing to work hard
- Tennis England will fund a percentage of future LTA or Sports Coaching Qualifications.
- Potential of becoming a profit share partner in the club, depending on performance.
- Leadership Program of courses which we fund for you to attend.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Outstanding Leadership
- 5 Choices of Productivity
- Leading at the Speed of Trust
- The Leader in Me
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to email England Sports Group and begin the online application process.
and come back later!