Nature and Scope:
The Stadium Events Recruitment & Retention Manager will support the Head of Stadium Events by recruiting RFU casual staff and Honorary stewards to work at Twickenham Stadium on major event days.
In addition, this role will work with the Stadium Resourcing Manager in developing the stewards’ experience to maximise steward retention rates and reduce the reliance on agency staff, thereby meeting cost reduction performance indicators.
- Responsible for successfully delivering the recruitment strategy, as agreed with the Head of Stadium Events, to increase the pool of non-agency stewards available to be used on an event day.
- Deliver a rigorous but efficient recruitment programme to ensure stewards are of the caliber and mindset to be committed to their role and consistently provide an outstanding event experience for our customers.
- In collaboration with the Stadium Events Operations Manager, ensure new staff receive the appropriate inductions and training to adequately perform their expected roles, and are compliant with legislation and guidance.
- Collaborate with the Stadium Resourcing Manager to develop a programme of retention and reward to ensure staff feel valued, enjoy their employee experience, and consequently remain in the employment of the RFU.
- Maintain strong relationships with the People Team, reviewing administrative processes to ensure the efficient and effective recruitment of staff.
- Review recruitment and retention results and influence the strategic direction to drive further improvements.
- Support the Stadium Resourcing Manager in managing the deployment of stewards on event days.
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of, the RFU at all times, including the promotion of the RFU Core Values.
- Undertake such other duties as maybe required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the RFU.
The skills and attributes outlined in this description are not exhaustive and we welcome candidates who can bring different relevant experiences to the role.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience of recruiting staff and volunteers, preferably within a sporting venue or sports/music event management environment.
- An understanding of the tactics and opportunities available to attract people from the widest possible group, in particular through the use of social media.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough, organised, effective and efficient approach to work.
- Must be an effective team member with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and the flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Exceptional organisation and attention to detail.
- Creative and innovative problem solver.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of client group, establish positive working relationships, and command the respect of others.
- Must demonstrate a thorough approach to work, showing attention to detail and work accuracy.
- Demonstrates the highest professional standards of operation and delivery at all times.
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as within a team.
- Must have the stamina and perseverance to cope with heavy workloads from time to time.
- Must have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Committed to driving forward inclusion in your role and day-to-day behaviours.
- Thrives when accountable and responsible.
- Self-aware; committed to continuous professional and personal development.
- A relevant vocational qualification will be valued, e.g. business administration.
- Knowledge of relevant HR legislation, to include basic Right to Work, GDPR and employment Health and Safety understanding.
- Proven and demonstrable track record in the creation and delivery of creative direct hiring methods.
- Experience in assessment/interview design and delivery, managing selection events and behavioural interviews.
- Experience managing budgets and effectively monitoring costs.
- All Role Holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence.
- Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends – the role holder will be required to undertake an operational role on event days.
- The role description, person specification, role grade and role title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate.
- During your application, we will ask questions about your identity. This information is considered highly confidential and will not be seen by hiring managers.
- If you are a trans candidate applying for a job that requires a DBS check, please reach out to [email protected] or directly to our safeguarding team ([email protected]) to use the confidential sensitive application route. This will provide applicants with the choice not to have any gender or name information disclosed on their DBS certificate.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!