Nature and scope:
The RFU has been undergoing a period of significant change, responding to changes in the external environment whilst adjusting to the demands of a modern governing body. The organisation is currently one year into delivering an exciting strategic plan that hopes to have a transformational impact on Rugby Union.
As part of this strategic plan, the RFU has an ambition to become a data-driven, user-centric organisation with market leading digital capabilities that will not only transform the rugby experience for players, volunteers and fans today, but also future proof the RFU for years to come.
The Senior Consumer Data & Analytics Manager will help create an exciting vision for how the RFUs Marketing & Digital Team can transform the experience for our key customer groups through analysis of marketing data and audiences. The role will also show how a digital first mindset coupled with a passion for customer experience can deliver rapid business and customer value.
- The role will manage and analyse fan, player and volunteer data to identify patterns and trends
- The role will facilitate data acquisition
- The role will support marketing campaigns and identify audience preferences
- The role will measure and assess marketing campaigns to provide insight
- Manage a team of two analysts to analyse audience data and identify trends and patterns
- Drive the design, development and execution of the advanced analytics department’s vision and strategy
- Analyse data and produce insights and recommendations for business objectives and decisions
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the organisation to drive a user centric based approach based on data
- Develop predictive data models to support business objectives
- Insights into and evaluation of customer life cycle
- Maintain and improve data hygiene and quality control
- Analysis of the customer journey
- Perform customer segmentation and exporting of targeted lists for marketing initiatives
- Evaluate campaign performance and impact
- Assisting in developing CRM activities to increase audience engagement and loyalty
- Creating reports for key stakeholders to help drive effective decisions
- Help the business understand customer behaviour and provide actionable recommendations through the development of CRM reporting and analysis.
- Become the storyteller with the results to help colleagues make better and more informed decisions
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of the current strategic, business and operational plans
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU, including the promotion of the RFU core values and BACK culture.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the organisation
The skills and attributes outlined in this description are not exhaustive and we welcome candidates who can bring different relevant experiences to the role
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Statistics, or in a quantitative field, such as Mathematics, Finance, or Economics
- Experience with CRM/ database marketing and customer analytics
- Strong analytical skills with ability to deliver insightful ideas and findings from data
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, as well as able to communicate quantitative information in a clear and informative manner
- Project management skills and experience
- Basic proficiency with SQL and BI tools (Tableau preferred) and Programming Languages (R, Python) preferred
- Committed to actively contributing to and building an inclusive culture in your role and day to day behaviours.
What we can offer youWe are proud of the range of benefits we can provide:
- All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
- The role description, person specification, job level and job title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and under business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate
- If you are a trans candidate applying for a job that requires a DBS check, please reach out to [email protected] or directly to our safeguarding team ([email protected]) to use the confidential sensitive application route. This will provide applicants with the choice not to have any gender or name information disclosed on their DBS certificate.
- Please submit an anonymised CV with your application
- Retail discounts include 30% off Adidas, 20% off Optimum Nutrition, 25% off 02 and many more
- Priority access to purchase match tickets
- 25% discount in Rugby Store and EnglandRugby.com
- 25 days of annual leave and your birthday day off
- Free dental care and free access to the stadium gym
- Life assurance of 4x your basic salary, income protection scheme and Employee Assistance Programme that offers anonymous and confidential, emotional and practical support 24/7
- After 3 months, you will be enrolled in our Aviva pension scheme and we will match and double your contribution up to 10%
- Ride-to-work scheme, eyecare vouchers and season ticket loans
About Our Team
At England Rugby, we want to hear our employees’ thoughts, ideas and feedback on our strategies, new initiatives and our work environment. That’s why we have quarterly meetings called ‘the Voice’ where various topics are discussed, in addition to regular surveys, including our annual D&I survey. We are always striving to create the best environment for our colleagues, and we are proud to present some of our most recent feedback from Feb 2022:
- 85% feel motivated to perform their role to the best of their ability
- 83% feel supported by their Manager
- 90% agree or strongly agree that their Manager empowers and trusts them to deliver while working from home
- 83% feel informed and connected with the organisation
If you would like to find out more about our diversity and inclusion work or the culture at England Rugby, please visit our website here: https://www.englandrugby.com/about-rfu/rfu-policies/diversity-and-inclusion/our-approach
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process.
and come back later!