Nature and scope:
Reporting into the Live Content Manager, the Live Content Executive will play a key role in creating all live content on England Rugby’s channels, with a focus on broadcast production of matches, all England Rugby live streams and podcasts.
The role will involve working closely alongside external suppliers and contractors, the team’s Digital Content Manager, Social Media Manager and Content Producers as well as internal stakeholders. A focus will involve bringing new ideas to live content productions, contributing to content on social platform and attending broadcasts and recordings.
- Assisting in producing all live stream matches shown by England Rugby, with a focus on Allianz Premier 15s
- Helping grow the reach and engagement of all live streams
- Produce engaging pre- and post-match live streams and England Men’s and Women’s games, working across different social media platforms
- Building relationships and booking in talent to work on live stream productions
- Opportunity for live reporting and broadcast
- Develop the ideas and reach of England Rugby Podcast: O2 Inside Line as well any new future podcasts
- Create content in line with the content team’s overall objectives
- Develop content in line with the content team’s overall objectives
- Support the wider content team in developing plans to distribute content on social
- Produce compelling, reactive and on-trend social content at key times of the season
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of the current strategic, business and operational plans
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU, including the promotion of the RFU core values and BACK culture.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the organisation
The skills and attributes outlined in this description are not exhaustive and we welcome candidates who can bring different relevant experiences to the role
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- Experience in a live broadcast environment
- Experience in creation of audio content and podcasts
- Excellent content production skills across multiple formats including video, social specific content and written
- Wide knowledge of domestic and international rugby
- Experience using a Content Management System
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload and react positively to situations at short notice
- Capable of building trust and close working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a small team
- Experience in use of Premiere Pro, Photoshop and willingness to learn new editing software
- Committed to actively contributing to and building an inclusive BACK culture in your role and day to day behaviours.
- Experience in working directly in social media, preferably on social accounts with large followings
- Feel comfortable in working in a live broadcasting environment
- Have an instinct for an interesting content angle at any level of rugby
- Innovative – open to trying new content ideas to keep extending reach through our channels
- Keen to learn from others, e.g. key stakeholders, partners and media organisations
- Willingness to work unscheduled hours, which may include evenings and weekends
- Aware of, and interested in, digital trends and developments in the digital publishing sphere
- All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
- The role description, person specification, job level and job title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and under business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate
- If you are a trans candidate applying for a job that requires a DBS check, please reach out to [email protected] or directly to our safeguarding team ([email protected]) to use the confidential sensitive application route. This will provide applicants with the choice not to have any gender or name information disclosed on their DBS certificate.
What we can offer you
We are proud of the range of benefits we can provide:
- Retail discounts include 30% off Adidas, 20% off Optimum Nutrition, 25% off 02 and many more.
- Priority access to purchase match tickets
- 25% discount in Rugby Store and EnglandRugby.com
- 25 days of annual leave and your birthday day off
- Free dental care and free access to the stadium gym
- Life assurance of 4x your basic salary, income protection scheme and Employee Assistance Programme that offers anonymous and confidential, emotional and practical support 24/7.
- After 3 months, you will be enrolled in our Aviva pension scheme and we will match and double your contribution up to 10%
- Ride-to-work scheme, eye-care vouchers and season ticket loans
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!