Nature and Scope:
The Graphic Designer is a key member of the design team and will work closely with the brand team to evolve the England Rugby brand (and associated sub-brands), ensuring it remains engaging, relevant, and differentiated within the sports and entertainment market.
The individual must display an appetite and aptitude for innovative, unique and eye-catching creative. Alongside the wider team, the Graphic Designer forms an internal design studio responsible for delivering on projects that bridge design, brand development, strategic communications, content & events. The studio is fast-paced, and requires an agile and hands-on approach, working collaboratively with colleagues and project teams to create outstanding creative for all England Rugby audiences.
What will you be doing?
Some key responsibilities include:
- A clear ability to bring to life the England Rugby (ER) brand across a range of creative assets for numerous channel outputs.
- The ability to integrate and work seamlessly across the other departments within the business.
- Efficiently working across numerous projects and deliver in a timely manner to the expected standard.
- Preparing print-ready artwork with a solid understanding of print processes.
- Continually seeking out relevant inspiration from the design world to share internally with the brand team.
- Following established processes and ensure clear communication with all colleagues to ensure all briefs are responded to in a timely and effective manner.
Your approach to Life (your behaviours):
- You're able to work collaboratively and have a strong team ethic.
- You are process driven and able to work well under pressure.
- You're self-motivated and able to work under your own direction.
- You're committed to driving forward inclusion in your role and day-to-day behaviours.
- You have strong influencing and consensus building skills, and you're able to build sustaining relationships.
- You possess sound judgement and the ability to think creatively to reach desired goals.
What you Know:
- Demonstrable commercial experience within the creative industry. Agency or in-house.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Adobe suite within a design/graphics environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and high standards of output – the ability to ensure accuracy whilst maintaining pace to ensure deadlines are met.
- Creative thinker with strong awareness of design trends; able to build and evolve concepts that are both visually appealing and commercially aware.
- Advanced editing skills with a high level of proficiency.
- Exceptional design and typographic skills with a drive to learn more.
- Effective written and verbal communication, with strong visual presentation and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of moving graphics and animation would be beneficial.
- Understanding of current styles and trends within sports and culture, particularly for younger audiences.
- Ability to think laterally and provide ideas with value.
- Willingness to work flexibly and support the team/business in other roles where required.
- Passionate about sport and entertainment.
- We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential. If there is anything we could do to support you through your application or to provide the best environment for your interviews, including assistance or adjustment, please reach out to [email protected].
- During your application, we will ask questions about your identity. This information is considered highly confidential and will not be seen by hiring managers. You can find out more about why we ask these questions here.
To download the full job description for this role, please click here.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Applications close on 23rd February 2024
and come back later!