Nature and scope:
The RFU has been undergoing a period of significant change, responding to changes in the external environment whilst adjusting to the demands of a modern governing body. The organisation is currently one year into delivering an exciting strategic plan that hopes to have a transformational impact on Rugby Union.
As part of this strategic plan, the RFU has an ambition to become a data-driven, user-centric organisation with market leading digital capabilities that will not only transform the rugby experience for players, volunteers and fans today, but also future proof the RFU for years to come.
The Digital Products Owners will execute an exciting vision for how the RFU can transform the experience for our key customer groups through digital products. The role will also show how a digital first mindset coupled with a passion for customer experience can deliver rapid business and customer value.
- To maximise the value the digital product creates for the RFU and our customers (Players, Volunteers and Fans) by defining the Roadmap, priorities and clarity of the outcomes expected
- Carry out detailed analysis of the business/customer needs, requirements, impact, scope, risks, and benefits
- Work collaboratively with the delivery/scrum team to develop the BDD scenarios, create for the user stories that will support the overall delivery of the required outcome
- Lead the consultation process with the appropriate stakeholders when presenting new ideas and sharing transparency of the product backlog
- Work collaboratively with other teams to support the generation of designs to support the development teams
- Ensure the product backlog is accurately prioritised through regular discussion and review with the Head of Product
- Play an active role during the sprint planning meeting in clarifying the requirements and defining the sub tasks that need to be carried out to deliver the user story
- Work as part of the Scrum/development team to provide further elaboration of user stories and additional context as needed to ensure the team understand the stories and value that is expected to be delivered
- Take an active role in all Sprint ceremonies ensuring the voice of the customer is heard and understood
- Ensure that all features are ‘tagged’ and baselined to enable accurate benefits realisation reporting
- Lead communication and stakeholder management for your allocated products including customer journey walk throughs and measurement criteria
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU, including the promotion of the RFU core values and BACK culture
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the organisation
The skills and attributes outlined in this description are not exhaustive and we welcome candidates who can bring different relevant experiences to the role
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of agile scrum methodology and practices
- Able to apply agile analysis techniques specifically for defining and creating user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience in using analysis tools & techniques including wireframes and business process modelling
- Good level of understanding of technical terminology and preferably experience of working in a digital environment
- Good understanding of software development practices and web/mobile technologies
- Experience of using work management tools such as Jira, Confluence and Smartsheet
- Proactive in problem solving and ensuring the right people are involved
- Able to facilitate meetings (e.g. lead workshops to elicit requirements) within business and technical teams
- Committed to actively contributing and building an inclusive BACK culture in your role and day to day behaviours.
- All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
- The role description, person specification, job level and job title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and under business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate
- During your application, we will ask questions about your identity. This information is considered highly confidential and will not be seen by hiring managers. You can find out more about why we ask these questions here.
- If you are a trans candidate applying for a job that requires a DBS check, please reach out to [email protected] or directly to our safeguarding team ([email protected]) to use the confidential sensitive application route. This will provide applicants with the choice not to have any gender or name information disclosed on their DBS certificate.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process.You will require a CV for this application.
Applications close on 7th December 2022
and come back later!