Nature and scope:
The RFU is undertaking a strategic programme of work to transform the digital experience of volunteers, players, fans, and attendees. A major part of the programme is to deliver the appropriate technological products and platforms required to deliver the transformation.
The role of a Delivery Manager is to manage a full delivery lifecycle across a number of Technology, Digital and Data projects, changes, and ad hoc activity, operating within the RFU’s project framework.
This is a highly visible role working across the Technology Department and all parts of the wider RFU organisation to deliver sustainable change.
As a Delivery Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- To lead the definition and delivery of Technology, Digital and Data projects across the organisation
- To understand and remain faithful to the motivations and strategy of the RFU during the entire project lifecycle.
- To work collaboratively with other members of the Technology team to achieve high quality results.
- To apply, work within and help evolve the wider RFU Project Framework, processes, and standards, completing all documentation to a high standard.
- To build positive and effective relationships with all RFU colleagues and stakeholders and provide appropriate communication on projects.
- To create and maintain baseline plans for each project and implement effective methods to monitor progress.
- To communicate regularly on project progress including the production of highlight reports and RAG statuses
- To be able to identify and analyse risks and issues quickly and their potential impact on a project, with the ability to implement corrective actions where necessary.
- To be able to develop resource requirements for both internal colleagues and external suppliers and assign responsibilities appropriately, including the development of appropriate contractual documentation.
- To manage individual delivery budgets and be responsible for the timely payment of external companies for products or services required as part of a project.
- To ensure completed projects go through a formal handover process to the business owners and service teams, and projects are properly closed with success evaluation.
- To be comfortable and confident with the regular delivery of presentations on projects to a variety of audiences across RFU
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of strategic, business, and operational plans
- Assist in translating business requirements, working with the team, engaging resources needed to deliver the demand.
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU at all times, including the promotion of the RFU Core Values
- Undertake such other duties as maybe required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the RFU.
The skills and attributes outlined in this description are not exhaustive and we welcome candidates who can bring different relevant experiences to the role.
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- An experienced delivery manager who has at least 3 years’ experience in a technology, digital and data project management role delivering a range of projects, from continuous improvement up to larger scale change
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of effectively applying varying project management, tools, technologies and techniques with experience in methodologies and approaches - for example, PRINCE2, PMI, MSP, AGILE, SCRUM, including:
- Programme planning and work breakdown structure, estimating, monitoring, and controlling tools and techniques.
- Strong planning and organising skills with ability to rapidly prioritise issues to take effective decisions.
- Risk management techniques - risk identification, analysis, estimation, and mitigation
- Financial control of projects
- Quality management tools and techniques
- A project manager who has experience of working with external suppliers and third parties during all phases of a project
- Someone who has experience of working with industry standard project management tools - for example, JIRA, Smartsheet, MIRO, Microsoft Office tools.
- An individual with exceptional communication and people skills, who can adapt their style effectively to suit different situations and audiences, from their peers through to board level.
- Someone who is used to juggling multiple priorities at one time, and who can work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Someone who is confident in challenging the ‘norm,’ who can guide and shape projects to deliver the maximum benefit to the organization.
- Someone who is solutions orientated, identifying problems in good order, and adapting to resolve them.
- Someone who is confident in speaking up and bringing new ideas to a high performing delivery team.
- Highly developed written and analytical skills are essential for this role.
- Committed to actively contributing and building an inclusive BACK culture in your role and day to day behaviors.
- All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence.
- The role description, person specification, job level and job title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and under business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate.
- We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential. If there is anything we could do to support you through your application or to provide the best environment for your interviews, including assistance or adjustment, please reach out to [email protected].
- If you are a trans candidate applying for a job that requires a DBS check, please reach out to [email protected] or directly to our safeguarding team ([email protected]) to use the confidential sensitive application route. This will provide applicants with the choice not to have any gender or name information disclosed on their DBS certificate.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application. You will require a CV and Cover Letter.
Applications close on 6th October 2023
and come back later!