This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and passionate individual to join England Netball as we continue our journey to adventurise the game! In this Regional Officer role, you’ll provide outstanding support, insight, and advice to our regional and county staff, volunteers, leagues, clubs, members and participants.
We are looking for proactive and enthusiastic individuals who are people orientated, organised, able to prioritise, digitally minded and have excellent communication skills. This is a brilliant opportunity to work for an ambitious, exciting sport and to make a real difference to people’s lives through netball.Job Summary
This role will provide outstanding support, insight, and advice to our regional and county Staff, volunteers, leagues, clubs, members and participants. This role will predominantly contribute to the organisations game for life, thriving collective, extraordinary experience and resonant voice strategic destinations.
What you will do:
Champion England Netball’s adventure strategy, purpose driven culture and behaviours at regional level supporting the development and maintenance of a shared regional plan reflecting these.
Develop a strong relationship with the Regional Management Board (RMB) providing board meeting administration, relevant insight and information to support delivery of the England Netball Adventure Strategy and a shared plan.
- In partnership with the RMB establish and activate a regional volunteering sub-plan that is inclusive, diverse, and innovative.
- Recruit, support and deploy a diverse regional panel of event volunteers, matching those wanting more to further role opportunities.
- Be a member of the regional volunteer celebration event working group.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of how to use England Netball’s insight tools to inform your decisions and provide reports and insight overviews for the RMB and Partnership & Delivery Manager.
- Collaborate with and support the Partnership & Delivery Manager to ensure a well-informed regional team, superbly organised meetings, researched projects and great customer experience maintained during staff absence.
- Maintain a modernised regional calendar and communications plan for volunteers, members and staff.
- Lead regional social media (working with any supporting volunteers) to maintain a communications plan and regularly update social media feeds, to align and contribute to England Netball’s ‘resonant voice’ campaigns as well as informing of key events and local netball news.
- Lead the relationship with a network of regional ‘homes for netball’ facilities maintaining access, fully utilising opportunities and gaining best rates through a collaborative approach.
- Establish processes with customer and volunteer experience at the heart and monitor effectiveness of delivery.
- Be the central point of contact for regional enquiries (phone, email and social media) maintaining efficient and positive experiences for all.
- Maintain and share expert knowledge on member support and benefits including club and league care packages, scorecards and individual membership benefits.
- Manage office administrative systems and communication with office hosts to ensure the smooth running of the regional office.
- Support England netball regional events, test series and major events as required.
Be an outstanding member of your regional team and the wider Development department, attending relevant internal and external meetings and collaborating with colleagues across the department and organisation, to ensure we achieve our shared purpose.
Be an advocate of and apply the England Netball moral compass.
Be a guardian of our game, ensuring it is a safe space for adults, children and young people to belong, flourish and soar.
Be dedicated to difference – role model consciously inclusive behaviours to embrace diversity and make netball a place where everyone can feel they belong.
Take personal ownership for continuous learning & development.
Where required support other organisation wide priorities.
This role would suit people who are:
- People orientated – with the ability to motivate and develop our volunteers, empathise, influence and manage challenging conversations. Previous experience of successfully working with volunteers would be beneficial.
- Strong communicator- who can tailor their written and verbal communication appropriately to the target audience. Requirement to have a minimum standard of English at GCSE level Grade C /4 or equivalent
- A natural organiser – strong organisational skills with the ability to work on multiple work areas, and calmly prioritise own workload to meet important deadlines.
- Confident administrator and coordinator of information - experience of minute taking, and project management would be beneficial but not essential. Requirement to have a minimum standard of numeracy at GCSE level Grade C / 4 or equivalent.
- Flexible and adaptable – with a solution focused approach to work and is a supportive and collaborative member of a team
- Passionate about making a difference – and wants to play a part in opening up netball to new and diverse audiences.
- Able to work independently with the support of a remote line manager, with the right guidance able to confidently make decisions that fall within the role
- Competent IT user – particularly Microsoft Office 365 (Excel including spreadsheets creation, formatting and maintenance, Outlook to manage emails, calendar and task lists) and social media platforms for updating and sharing updates and information.
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends and able to travel to occasional meetings away from the office.
How To Apply:
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application process.
England Netball is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace is committed to fostering a diverse workforce, ensuring equality of opportunity. We actively encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and life experiences, from underrepresented groups.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• 5% pension contribution
• Life Assurance
• Perk Box – Perks & Recognition
• Healthcare cash reimbursement scheme
• Cycle scheme
• Discretionary Bonus Scheme
• 26 days holiday + bank holidays for new employees.
• Opportunity to buy additional leave
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Zoe Mitchell, Partnership & Delivery Manager – West Midlands at [email protected]
and come back later!