This role will be an expert on netball in the county, maintaining a shared, insight driven plan aligning to our adventure strategy and purpose. The NDO will empower and support our clubs, leagues, partners, volunteers, and workforce to join with us in delivering outstanding participation opportunities for members and participants. This role will predominantly contribute to the organisations game for life, thriving collective, extraordinary experience and resonant voice strategic destinations.
What you will do:
Members, Clubs and Leagues
- Be an expert and champion of our membership and support packages available to individuals, clubs and leagues.
- Understand the local club and league landscape within the county including their current position, ambitions and challenges.
- Empower and support local leagues and clubs to deliver outstanding relevant activity recognising the needs of the audience.
- Activate national initiatives, campaigns and approaches that support evolution of both club and league landscapes across the county area.
Participation and Programmes
- Maintain expert knowledge and insight on the county; the landscape, population, facilities, workforce, netball provision and partners.
- Ultilise knowledge, insight and mapping (in partnership with the Netball Development Community Coach where one in place), to annually plan a menu of inclusive activity, for every community that suits the needs of the local area, aligning to current national priorities, the adventure strategy, our purpose and key performance indicators.
- Ensure local plans reflect ‘game for life’ ambitions aiming to deliver for every age and stage.
- Proactively embed any new programmes or approaches into the local netball landscape in a considered manner.
- Organise, promote, deliver and monitor England Netball programmes ensuring a sustainable financial model and a great participant experience supporting all stages of the participant journey.
- Coach and deliver agreed sessions, camps and events.
- Support the implementation of children and young people programmes in school, club and community settings.
- Champion and continually demonstrate our purpose driven culture and embedded behaviors, supporting partners to share these.
- Be the County Netball Association (CNA) Relationship Lead, working with them to collaborate on shared goals, a shared purpose and plan that aligns to England Netball’s Adventure Strategy.
- Attend County Netball Association meetings and provide regular activity reports.
- Establish and nurture local partnerships that align with our purpose and enable outstanding programme experiences and reach (including but not limited to the Active Partnership, Local Authorities, relevant local charities, facility providers, school networks).
- Relationship manage local delivery partnerships via Partnership Agreements, ensuring quality delivery is provided across all deliverers of programmes.
- Maintain engaging, accessible local communication channels that enable local landing of our ‘resonant voice’ campaigns alongside sharing local news.
- Understand how we can reach consumers new to the sport that we are not already in touch with.
- Grow and ultilise a menu of communication channels and contacts that is tailored to the audience (including but not limited to partner newsletters, websites and social media, wider social media connections, buy and sell pages and specific channels accessed by local communities).
- Be responsible for meeting and monitoring local Key Performance Indicators; updating trackers and systems to demonstrate progress as required.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all technical systems to provide insight, deliver and monitor programmes and delivery.
- Generate programme income and manage small budgets following NDO financial guides to support sustainability.
- Recruit, manage and support in accordance with our casual coach guidance any coaches required to deliver the annual plan.
- Work with priority facility development projects to identify potential netball usage, access funding and ensure developments meet the needs of the local area.
- Access local funding support and signpost potential clubs, coaches, officials and volunteers to relevant schemes.
- Be an outstanding member of your regional team and the wider Development department, attending relevant internal and external meetings and collaborating with colleagues across the department and organisation, to ensure we achieve our shared purpose.
- Be an advocate of and apply the England Netball moral compass.
- Be a guardian of our game, ensuring it is a safe space for adults, children and young people to belong, flourish and soar.
- Be dedicated to difference – role model consciously inclusive behaviours to embrace diversity and make netball a place where everyone can feel they belong.
- Take personal ownership for continuous learning & development.
- Where required support other organisation wide priorities.
Download full job description and person specification
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application
Applications close on 29th September 2022
England Netball is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace is committed to fostering a diverse workforce, ensuring equality of opportunity. We actively encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and life experiences, from underrepresented groups.
and come back later!