Old Cranleighan Hockey Club is seeking a talented and motivated junior coach to work within the junior section and to lead on an age group (TBC). OCHC Juniors has 600+ juniors currently registered and runs midweek training for all age groups as well as Sunday fixtures. Our Juniors currently compete in the London Mega League, London Leagues and the EH cups. In addition to outdoor hockey, we are also excited to be introducing an indoor hockey program for our juniors which will be starting in September.
We are keen to hear from either experienced coaches or coaches who are at the start of the career. You will be working closely with the Junior Director of Hockey and training and support will be available for the right person.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work with young athletes, develop their skills, and foster a passion for hockey. The successful candidate will be required to coach sessions on mid-week evenings and on Sundays. For the right candidate there will also be additional opportunities to coach on holiday camps and coaching within the senior section may be available.
Rates of pay are competitive and will be negotiated based on the candidates experience and quality.
- Design and implement age-appropriate training programs that emphasize technical skills, tactical understanding, physical conditioning, and overall player development.
- Lead practice sessions to enhance players' hockey skills, including technical stick work, passing, shooting, dribbling, positioning, and tactics.
- Evaluate player progress: Regularly assess and monitor the progress of individual players, providing constructive feedback and guidance for improvement.
- Lead on team selection: Collaborate with other coaches in evaluating players for team selection, considering their skills, potential, and commitment.
- Attend and coach during competitive games, offering guidance on in-game strategies, substitutions, and individual performance.
- Maintain open and effective communication with parents/guardians regarding player progress, upcoming events, and any concerns or issues that may arise.
- Instil values of sportsmanship, teamwork, respect, and fair play in all players, ensuring they uphold the club's code of conduct.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest coaching methodologies, techniques, and trends in hockey development by attending England Hockey and/or FIH workshops and conferences.
- Work closely with other coaches, sharing knowledge, ideas, and best practices to enhance the overall coaching program of Old Cranleighan Hockey Club.
- Previous coaching experience in hockey, particularly with junior players, is highly desirable although not essential.
- Holding An England Hockey Coach or Sessional Coach qualification or the willingness to obtain either is preferred.
- A strong understanding of junior development and a desire to contribute towards the growth of OC juniors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with players, parents, and fellow coaching staff.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including mid-week evenings and Sundays.
- A proactive and positive attitude, with the ability to create a supportive learning environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to plan and execute effective training sessions.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit your resume with details of your coaching experience and philosophy via 'Apply Now'
Applications close on 30th September 2023
and come back later!