To provide on-site support at agreed regional camps and ongoing support in line with an agreed work plan with the Regional Programme Management team. This should include individual situational assessment and programme design utilising a mix of 1-to-1, small group and squad sessions to most effectively impact the athletic development of the golfer. 'Online' support should be made available with respect to effective communication channels. There is also a strong requirement for the successful candidate to collaborate and support the philosophy, development and implementation of the ambition and strategy for athletic development of England Golf.
The Key Attendance Days:
There are certain events in the year which require your attendance in order for you to
properly perform your role in relation to the regional squads. These are set out in the
regional squads’ diary, which will be provided to you.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Support and develop the regional performance environment
- Design and implement an optimal learning environment to impact on each player’s performance needs
- Work within a multi-disciplinary programme
- Develop effective player-coach relationships
- Communicate with the SS&SM Lead on all aspects of player athletic development as players move through the pathway
- Support and drive a winning culture and strong work ethic
- Provide regular progress reports to the performance managers and SS&SM lead
- Actively engage with the England Golf coaches in your region to design the best delivery model for the athletes in your region as evidenced through an agreed work plan
- Provide the performance managers with a final and agreed delivery model for the forthcoming year on the last day of October annually
- Conduct annual reviews with your regional coaching team to ensure your regional model is delivering a world-class service
- Provide an annual programme which equates to a minimum of 20 days (eight hours = one day), consisting of 10 days for the girls’ and 10 days for the boys’ U18 programmes (joint sessions may be possible). Multiple sessions are required of squad based, small group or individual activity. These are broken down into full day, half day or two-hour sessions across the coaching year
- Contribute to and attend online CPD activities hosted by the regional S&C team
- Attend two CPD and programme development days annually (September)
- Conduct two annual physical evaluations in line with England Golf standard protocols and feedback the results to the performance managers
- Provide feedback to athletes in the programme using the England Golf reporting document.
Download full job description and person specification
How to Apply
Please upload a single document containing your CV and covering letter by clicking the apply button.
The covering letter should detail specifically how you meet the requirements of all the essential experience and knowledge required for the role in no more than one page and should answer the following three points:
- Date of your UKSCA accreditation;
- Location of your training facility within the region;
- Your role in development systems in performance sport for at least three years.
Applications close on 30th November 2022
and come back later!