The role of Treasurer to the Board of Trustees is responsible for maintaining an overview and effective governance of Personal Best Foundation’s financial affairs. The Treasurer ensures that effective and appropriate financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place and reports to the Board at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation. The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the Board is aware of its financial duties and responsibilities and the need to comply with all legislation.
- Overseeing the presentation of budgets, internal management accounts and annual financial statements to the Board of Trustees.
- Ensuring that proper accounting records are kept, and that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Ensuring that robust and comprehensive financial policies are in place and being implemented, and supporting the development of policies covering financial reserves, and cost management.
- Overseeing financial controls and adherence to systems.
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan, including overseeing the charity’s financial risk-management process.
- Ensuring investments and assets are maximised.
- To ensure that all financial policies, procedures and the appointment of external financial advisors are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Lead on the appointment of and liaison with external auditors.
- Oversee the development and implementation of systems for appraising, mitigating and reporting corporate risk.
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by relevant statutory bodies, for example, the Charity Commission and/or the Registrar of Companies.
- Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities and liaising with the England Athletics Chief Executive and Foundation Manager to develop the financial understanding of the Board of Trustees.
- To act as Chair of the Finance and Governance sub-committee (as and when established).
For a full job description, please click here
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!