The Technical Support Officer’s role is to ensure proper operation of end user technology so that our staff and systems are as effective as possible. The TSO has 3 main responsibilities:
- Provide 1st line support to ECB staff. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as requiring that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level;
- Provide 2nd line technical support to the ECB customer help desk for designated systems to assist the escalation of customer problems that are uncommon or too technical for 1st line support;
- Acting as a tester to support the assurance stage of software development and deployment as well post-deployment and ‘business as usual’ activities on an ongoing basis. This will be across multiple Technology projects but in the first instance you will be supporting our Safehands Management System.
You will need to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the way the ECB works and the wider cricket network, as you will be helping the organisation to develop its functions, services and products to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders.
This job description is not exhaustive as responsibilities and accountabilities can differ from those outlined and so the post holder must be agile and willing to adapt where required. Support will be provided where necessary to enable the postholder to learn and adopt new skills and responsibilities where appropriate.
Who we are
The England and Wales Cricket Board in the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We know that Cricket is a force for good and makes an enduring impact on people’s lives. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion. It’s something for everyone to watch, play or enjoy, across genders, age, disability and diverse communities.The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
You'll love this if
- You’re a clear and articulate communicator, with a passion for helping people.
- You have an unshakable can-do attitude.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike
- You have a curious enquiring mind and are excited by solving problems.
You'll be doing
In providing 1st Line /2nd line support:
- Providing first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Monitor applications and software systems in support of the 2nd Line Support Lead and CRM Manager.
- Building rapport and eliciting problem details from our users.
- Prioritising incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Escalating incidents with accurate documentation to appropriate parties, when required.
- Recording, tracking, and documenting the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Using remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Researching solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Identifying and learning appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Performing hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Testing fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
- Developing help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Contributing to knowledgebases as needed.
- Providing suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Providing match day support cover during the cricket season at major cricket matches.
As a tester:
- Work alongside Technology Project Managers to understand the scope of projects, including external suppliers and project support teams, including Customer Support.
- Provide quality assurance by conducting stress testing, performance testing, functional testing and scalability testing.
- Write and execute test scripts as well as test in different environments, including web and mobile.
- Write bug reports, including logging these in Jira, as well as supporting issue resolution through to deployment on Production environments.
- Provide objective feedback to internal stakeholders and external suppliers as part of agile development cycles.
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to technical and non-technical colleagues, when necessary.
- A University Degree or equivalent
- Substantial equivalent work experience in a technology support role
- An understanding, calm and patient disposition
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including Windows and Mac laptops, iPhone and Blackberry mobile phones, Meraki network appliances, Avaya telephony systems, Unified Communications hardware such as Plantronics headsets.
- Experience with mobile, desktop and server operating systems, including Windows, Apple iOS, MacOS
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory Federated Services, Azure AD, Dynamics, Microsoft Teams and preferably with SharePoint, Intune and Outsystems.
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL
- Some travel will be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management as well as operations on Match Days.
- Competitive salary
- Holiday - 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension - Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance - four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend - an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy - a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!