The purpose of this role is to support the implementation, delivery, and growth of current ECB National Programmes (All Stars Cricket and Dynamos Cricket). The Senior National Programmes Manager will have operational responsibility of the National Programmes team ensuring alignment and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, including the broader Participation and Growth Department, Sky and other broadcast partners and Marketing Teams and Digital Teams.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We know that Cricket is a force for good and makes an enduring impact on people’s lives. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion. It’s something for everyone to watch, play or enjoy, across genders, age, disability and diverse communities.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You have a passion for community sport and the power of cricket to connect communities and improve lives.
- You have a contagious energy that inspires people.
- You thrive under busy, variable, and exciting environments.
- You understand the importance of the views and experiences of all cricket stakeholders and the value of collaboration across the game, to achieve the goals of Inspiring Generations.
- You are a natural leader and can help foster relationships beyond the cricket network.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Acting as operational lead for all National Programmes within the ECB portfolio.
- Providing end to end project management and launching new initiatives linked to The Hundred tournament.
- Guiding ECB teams and the broader County Cricket Board network and recreational cricket partners to implement National Programmes and sustainably grow recreational cricket
- Leveraging ECB National Programmes to achieve the ECB Recreational Cricket Action Plan priorities including focusing on children, developing family friendly clubs, taking cricket to urban areas and transforming the game for girls
- Working collaboratively across ECB, liaising with our broadcast partners, Sport England, and the county cricket network to deliver national plans that have significant impact within local cricket communities.
- Mentoring a dynamic team to deliver the range of ECB National Programmes including line management of the National Programmes Manager.
- Managing a complex budget to ensure on-budget delivery of all National Programmes.
- Leading on all insight, monitoring, and evaluation pertaining to National Programmes.
- Management of the National Programmes Bursary schemes to provide free playing opportunities through the Cricket Network to those who wouldn’t ordinarily feel cricket is a game for them.
- Strong leadership qualities and management experience, with the ability to co-ordinate teams together behind a common goal.
- Experience in implementing successful high-profile initiatives through exceptional project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience and the ability to manage budgets across multiple project areas.
Knowledge and experience in recreational sport is preferable, but not mandatory
- Competitive salary
- Holiday - 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension - Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance - four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend - an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy - a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin the application process.
and come back later!