We’re introducing this exciting role to lead the physical preparation team and oversee the physical preparation support to the England Men’s cricket team and pathway programmes so that they are optimally prepared to train and perform at the highest level.
Applications will for this role will be open until 2nd December with a view to holding interviews week commencing 19th December 2022.
Who we are
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
You'll love this job if
- You have a passion for enhancing player performance
- You have a strong interest in leadership
- You enjoy being adaptable and having a varied work programme including overseas travel
You'll be doing
- Lead the Physical Preparation Team (England Team Physical Preparation Coaches and England Cricket Performance Nutritionist) to facilitate a continuous improvement in physical performance.
- Lead and oversee the physical preparation support to the England Players and the England Pathway.
- Collaborate with the Medical Services Lead to create rehabilitation plans for injured players to ensure a timely return to international cricket performance.
- Lead the monitoring of players whilst playing franchise cricket.
- Oversee the delivery of performance science interventions e.g. heat acclimation, hydration, sleep and travel hygiene to the England Team.
- Work closely with the Medical Services lead and Lead Physician to plan and deliver player profiling and goal setting.
- Oversee and quality assure the delivery of strength and conditioning and nutrition support services across the England Pathway.
- Build effective relationships and drive collaboration across disciplines and the First-Class Counties to maximise athlete performance, particularly on players of high interest to ensure there are no gaps in players physical development programmes that could alter their trajectory to playing International Cricket.
- Develop content and quality assure delivery of the physical preparation elements for Coach Education.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external partners and stakeholders who contribute to the success of performance objectives and programmes through research and innovation projects.
- Extensive experience in enhancing player performance through physical preparation
- Post Graduate degree
- UKSCA accreditation
- Extensive experience of elite cricket performance and practice methods
- High quality leadership skills and ability to influence individuals
- Demonstrable high-quality strength and conditioning coaching skills and programming knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of injury rehabilitation and prevention training
- Excellent knowledge of nutrition strategies and recovery practices to support performance and health
- Up to date knowledge of monitoring and analysis systems
- Excellent teaching and presentation skills
- Ability to build stakeholder relationships and manage external partnerships
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Current basic life support training
- Full Driver’s license
- Holiday - 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension - Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance - four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend - an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy - a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!