To ensure EMD UK is at the forefront of driving inclusivity with the group exercise instructor workforce.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To lead on all areas of work related to equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI), ensuring EDI is integrated into EMD UK strategy and practice
- To lead on the review, development and implementation of EMD UK’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan (and successor plans) in line with the wider EMD UK strategies and strategic plans in key areas such as the digital plan, people plan and marketing/communications plan
- ·To ensure EMD UK meets its responsibilities as a governing body and employer by being a role-model for EDI
- To commission and manage external agencies to undertake research and insight into relevant EDI topics
- To lead on the creation, development and maintenance of a range of strategic partnerships and relationships with national and regional organisations for the purposes of enabling high- quality equality, diversity and inclusion collaborations
- To champion a culture of equality and inclusion across all business functions, empowering staff members to take forward in their own lead areas
- To lead the implementation of Equality Impact Assessments across the organisation
- To lead EMD UK’s achievement of relevant EDI standards
- To improve our understanding of people from underrepresented or marginalised groups who want to take part in and / or instruct in group exercise, identifying the barriers and providing solutions
- To develop a mechanism for EMD UK to gain feedback from diverse populations on strategic and operational matters
- Keep up-to-date and share expert knowledge and best practice on all areas of inclusion, equality and diversity across all strands and ensure these are embedded into the organisation
- To source investment and funding solutions to enable the delivery of programmes where they pertain specifically to EDI outcomes and outputs
- To be responsible for agreed KPIs
- To be a member of the Senior Management Team, owning agreed areas of the strategy and managing identified pieces of work
- If required, in line with EMD UK policies, to manage relevant staff including:
- Work programme management Training & development
- Holiday / sickness reporting Regular one to one support Appraisal process
- To manage relevant budgets for EDI
- To attend appropriate meetings and events on behalf of EMD UK
- To support the EMD UK events programme and any relevant projects as required
- ·Any other relevant task commensurate with the level of the role and as requested by your line manager.
- Alignment with the values and behaviours of EMD UK Experience of strategy and/or policy development and implementation in the areas of equality, diversity and inclusion, ideally with the sport/physical activity sector.
- Educated to at least Level 3 (A Level or equivalent)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working at a management level in the sports, physical activity or fitness sectors
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of managing professional stakeholder relationships at a strategic level
- Knowledge of funding sources and a track record of securing external investment and/or grant funding
- Understanding of Sport England’s current strategy and priorities Understanding of the physical activity and fitness sectors and the key partners in those sector
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and follow procedure
- Ability to make decisions and use initiative
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the UK and to work evenings and weekends as required
- Competent in the use of basic IT systems
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to complete the Application Form detailing how you meet each of the criteria in the person specification as well as the Diversity Monitoring Form and email these to EMD UK.
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!