To provide world class Sports Psychology support to England Women’s Cricket
Who we are
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
You'll love this job if
- You thrive in a dressing room setting, enjoy touring and are a consistent positive influence within the team environment.
- You collaborate and love working across diverse teams to solve problems, share learnings and discuss ideas.
- You enjoy applying and adapting your expert skills to help players and the team thrive.
You'll be doing
- Delivering Sports Psychology to England contracted players
- Ensuring a robust and appropriate Sports Psychology strategy across England Women’s pathway and delivering to England Women’s Academy as required.
- Working with the Head of England Women’s Science and Medicine to support any Sports Psychology related delivery or guidance across the Women’s Elite Domestic Regions.
- Working within the England Women’s Performance team to contribute to and deliver player development plans in line with the overall performance strategy.
- Providing Sports Psychology support to England Women’s Team during both winter and summer tours. The touring commitments will vary each year and this individual will not be expected to be present on all tours at all times.
- To contribute to and work with England Women’s MDT to ensure a robust wellbeing strategy is delivered.
- Working within the England Women’s Science and Medicine team to contribute to wider projects, CPD events and activities that will strengthen our immediate team and domestic system and promote excellence in Science and Medicine practice within cricket.
- To work with the wider MDT in relation to the planning and delivery of any cultural work
- Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a Sports and Exercise Psychologist
- Currently BPS Chartered
- Extensive experience of working in elite team sport, including experience of major tournaments and events.
- Significant experience of working within a multidisciplinary team
- Significant experience delivering both group and individual work
- Significant Experience of stakeholder management and influencing others.
- Significant experience in working within a wellbeing forum
- Trained in the delivery of psychology profiling, for example MBTI, spotlight.
- Enhanced DBS
- Competitive salary - £45-50k
- Holiday - 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension - Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance - four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend - an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy - a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games
How to apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process.
and come back later!