The successful candidate will lead our medical strategy and service delivery for medium to long term injured athletes.
Co-ordinating an experienced multi-disciplinary team, the successful candidate will lead the planning and implementation of gold standard rehabilitation practices. They will utilize extensive resources and literature to ensure
successful evidence-based outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the journey of an injured athlete. From initial diagnosis to the return to competition
- Accurately triage and coordinate onward referrals forimaging diagnostics and consultations as necessary.
- In consultation with the Head of Medical Services, provide diagnostic and prognostic evaluations of player injuries, communicating this information in a clear and transparent manner to the relevant staff.
- Lead the multi-disciplinary team through multi-faceted, objective criteria-based stages of rehabilitation. This will include the organisation of individual player case conferences and multi-disciplinary team progress meetings.
- Utilizing the club’s and external resources, developing evidence-based rehabilitation protocols and processes that can be implemented across the Senior and Academy teams.
- To assist in the delivery of physiotherapy provision to all players when needed, as requested by the Head of Medical Services and Senior Management.
- Assist in the pitch-side provision for Senior squad matches and training sessions as required.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical notes.
- Be an active contributor to the Performance (Sports Science and Medicine) team CPD programmes.
- Manage the Rehabilitation provision, ensuring cover is adequate at all times, in-line with the requests of the Head of Medical Services.
- Promote Ealing Trailfinders Rugby Club, driving its reputation and standards at all times.
- Set a positive example as a senior employee.
- Consistently contribute positively to the team environment and culture.
- Be a strong consistent example of all the club’s values and vision.
- Extensive, expert experience planning, delivering and tracking high-performance rehabilitation of complex injuries within elite sport.
- Experience of co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams, working towards a common goal.
- 5 years’ experience delivering high-performance rehabilitation within Elite sport.
- Chartered Physiotherapist or Sports Rehabilitator with appropriate indemnity
- MSc in related field e.g. Sports and Exercise Medicine, Sports Physiotherapy, Strength and Conditioning.
- A nationally recognised Strength and Conditioning qualification e.g. UKSCA, NSCA.
- A post-graduate qualification in performance biomechanics.
- An up to date Pre-Hospital Immediate Care in Sport (PHICIS) Level 3 trauma qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent communicator with excellent player management skills and passion for coaching.
- Extensive evidence-based knowledge of assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
- Extensive knowledge of movement dysfunction analysis and intervention.
- An individual with a passion for research.
- Experience of project management would be advantageous.
- Experience operating and interpreting Performance measurement technologies e.g. force decks, Nordboard, Force frames, Isokinetic machines
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to send our team your CV and Cover Letter.
and come back later!