Derby County Football Club has a fantastic opportunity to join our Academy Coaching Team as a Professional Development Phase Coach.
Our Academy vision is to continue to provide talented, well balanced young professional footballers for Derby County's first-team squad and become recognised as the ‘Academy of Choice’ for young players within our local area and beyond.
Our mission is to identify, develop and support talented young footballers in order for them to achieve their maximum potential in a positive, supportive and professional learning environment. The planning and delivery of your engaging and educational sessions will help the Academy achieve this.
- Responsible for the planning, delivery and review of coaching sessions for players within the U18 age group.
- To undertake performance analysis, with individual players, units and the team in order to support player development.
- To undertake opposition analysis in order to prepare for upcoming fixtures.
- To coordinate with the Head of Education to support players with the Sporting Excellence Professional (SEP) programme.
- To maintain and update all Performance Management Application (PMA) requirements in an efficient and timely manner.
- To coach the team through the age group specific games programme & all necessary arrangements involved in the process.
- To contribute to the scholarship decision making process with specific responsibility for the transition from the Youth Development Phase to PDP.
- To undertake player review meetings on a regular basis.
- To undertake personal CPD as appropriate to meet the demands of the role.
- To take responsibility for your own development through your Development Action Plan in accordance with the DCFC Coach Competency Framework (CCF).
- To ensure the Academy’s holistic approach to players development is adhered to at all times.
- To highlight and celebrate good practice and challenge poor practice where identified.
- To attend player Succession Planning Meetings to support the recruitment team.
- To participate in a review process including the provision of monthly reports and work programmes highlighting progress and development strategy.
Personal characteristics and experience:
- To be certified with a UEFA B Coaching Certificate
- To be certified with a UEFA A Coaching Certificate or working towards is desirable
- To be certified with the FA Youth Award
- To be certified with the FA Advanced Youth Award is desirable
- To hold Level 2 FA Emergency Aid
- To hold FA Safeguarding Children certificates
- Professional playing experience
- Experience coaching within a Category One environment
- Experience of using the Performance Management Application (PMA)
- Hardworking and enthusiastic
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent Communications skills both verbal and written
- Able to build positive relationships with players, staff and stakeholders
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload
- Able to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
Please click the 'Apply Now' and complete the application form.
The position is full time and will be based at Moor Farm Training Centre, but some travel will be required.
Derby County Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The safeguarding and welfare of our players is paramount and as such this position may be subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Records Check (CRC).
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 31 May 2022. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
and come back later!