Derby County Football Club has a fantastic opportunity to join our Academy Coaching Team as a Lead Youth Development Phase Coach.
Our Academy vision is to continue to provide talented, well balanced young professional footballers for Derby County's first-team squad and become recognised as the ‘Academy of Choice’ for young players within our local area and beyond.
Our mission is to identify, develop and support talented young footballers in order for them to achieve their maximum potential in a positive, supportive and professional learning environment. The planning and delivery of your engaging and educational sessions will help the Academy achieve this.
- To be responsible for the line management of all Youth Development Phase (YDP) full-time and part-time staff.
- To lead on the delivery and monitoring of the Academy Performance Plan and all EPPP requirements for the phase.
- To ensure the completion of PMA in accordance with mandatory requirements.
- To take a lead role in Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings and Succession Planning meetings.
- To coach an age group team within the phase and to model elite coaching delivery and matchday management to other coaches in the phase.
- To work with the Head of Coaching to plan and deliver a high quality CPD programme for coaching staff.
- To use video analysis to aid the development of players in the Youth Development Phase.
- To contribute to the scholarship decision making process with specific responsibility for the transition from YDP to Professional Development Phase (PDP).
- To contribute to the smooth transition of players from the Foundation Phase (FP) to the YDP.
- Undertake player/parent review meetings every 10 weeks as per club guidelines
- To undertake personal CPD as appropriate to meet the demands of the role.
- To take responsibility for your own development through your Development Action Plan in accordance with the DCFC Coach Competency Framework (CCF).
Personal characteristics and experience:
- To be certified with a UEFA A Coaching Certificate
- To be certified with the FA Advanced Youth Award
- To hold Level 2 FA Emergency Aid
- To hold FA Safeguarding Children certificates
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the Lead Youth Development Phase coach role
- Experience coaching within a Category One environment in the Youth Development Phase
- Experience of using the Performance Management Application (PMA)
- Hardworking and enthusiastic
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent Communications skills both verbal and written
- Able to build positive relationships with players, staff and stakeholders
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload
- Able to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
Please click the 'Apply Now' button and complete the application form.
The position is full time and will be based at Moor Farm Training Centre, but some travel will be required.
Derby County Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The safeguarding and welfare of our players is paramount and as such this position may be subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Records Check (CRC).
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 31 May 2022. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
and come back later!