Derby County Football Club has an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join the Football Recruitment team as the Lead Recruitment Analyst.
The successful candidate will take the lead in the club’s recruitment analysis, assisting in creating the club's custom player profiles and index scores and using data and statistics to help the club identify and recruit players that fit Derby County Football Club’s requirements.
A strong understanding of the use of statistics and data in football and excellent presentation skills to produce accurate and easy-to-understand visualisations is essential.
The successful candidate will work closely with the club's data team and consultants to further develop the club's custom scouting system and be required to scout and report on players both live and using video scouting methods.
- To identify, monitor, and assist in recruiting players suitable to DCFC.
- To create and maintain statistical databases that assist with the recruitment of players.
- To produce player profiles (Video and Statistical) to strict deadlines.
- Create and maintain DCFC specific player performance profiles and scores.
- To scout players both live and on video
- Maintain club depth charts and shortlists.
- Complete unique recruitment analysis projects and studies as and when required.
Personal characteristics and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Performance or Recruitment Analysis
- Experience writing reports using systems such as Scout7 ISF
- Record of recommending players that have succeeded in the EFL
- Experience using statistical from providers such as StatsBomb
- Experience using video systems such as Wyscout is desirable
- Experience using data to highlight or compare players
- Experience using SportsCode to clip and games and produce profiles
- Experience scouting players in live games completing reports is desirable
- Confident, Resilient and Self Motivated
- Excellent Communications skills both verbal and written
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, target driven environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong ICT Skill and experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficient coding languages such as Python or R is desirable
- Understanding of Power BI is desirable
- MSc or Equivalent qualification in Performance Analysis or Data Science
- Full UK driving License
Competitive salary dependent on experience.
Everything we do as a Club is built around the three pillars of stability, integrity and progress. Our core values are:
- We are proud of who we are and what we do
- We are positive, inspired and passionate
- We are ambitious and driven
- We are prepared, honest and humble
- We are the heartbeat of our community
- We are the club of opportunity
Derby County employee benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Two complimentary staff season tickets
- Two complimentary staff away memberships
- 20% discount at DCFC Megastore
- Company Pension with Aviva
- Discounts with select Club partners and sponsors
- Healthshield Cash Health Plan to support employee health and well-being and Perks for great deals and discounts
- Participating in our employee forum, ‘The Herd’
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to programmes and volunteering opportunities with Derby County Community Trust
- Subsidised lunchtime meals at Moor Farm
Derby County Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of the Club's commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Applications close on 26t September 2023
and come back later!