Derby County Football Club has an opportunity to join our team as Designated Safeguarding Officer, and we are looking for a safeguarding professional that is passionate about developing the safeguarding and well-being provision, in a positive and supportive way, within the Academy and at Pride Park Stadium on matchdays.
- To ensure that appropriate policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding are in place, are reviewed annually (or when there are statutory or legislative changes) and ensure effective communication and implementation across the organisation.
- To ensure the Club’s compliance with statutory obligations under relevant legislation.
- To ensure that staff are appropriately trained regarding Safeguarding to the level required for their role within the Children’s workforce and the wider organisation.
- To ensure that everyone working at the Club knows they have a “Duty of Care” to safeguard the welfare of children and young people by creating an environment that protects them from harm, providing regular training, support and development.
- To collaborate with the Senior Safeguarding Manager and Player Care Manager in the planning, delivering, and reviewing regulatory compliance and effectiveness of care and accommodation arrangements.
- To select, monitor, coordinate, and track accommodation providers for the Academy, ensuring risk assessments are carried out and documented appropriately and to be the first point of contact for accommodation providers. To ensure accommodation providers' invoicing for payment is completed accurately and within appropriate timescales.
- To work closely with the Head of Academy Operations to ensure logistics plans are robust and fit for purpose, to monitor transport plans, ensure all consent forms and contracts are updated, and ensure all children are transported according to the Club policies and procedures.
- To work collaboratively with the Recruitment departments to ensure Academy players out on loan/trial, or loaned/on trial to the club, have appropriate risk assessments and safeguarding measures in place and are supported for the duration of the loan/trial.
- To work collaboratively with the Head of Education and the Head of Operations to carry out risk assessments where required for Academy trips, tours and training camps within appropriate timescales.
- To provide initial and ongoing support and guidance to Academy players to ensure their integration into the Club is a positive and streamlined experience, providing ad-hoc practical support as necessary subject to Club policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with and report on a regular basis to the Senior Safeguarding Manager.
- Work collaboratively with the HR, Education departments, and senior managers to develop and implement safer recruitment and induction practices.
- Continuously work to maintain, embed, and improve the Club’s safeguarding provision ensuring the highest standards for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- To be the Designated Safeguarding Officer for First Team and Academy matchdays held at Pride Park Stadium, liaising with the Head of Stadium Operations and Disability Liaison Officer for safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults.
- To organise, manage, and safeguard the Ball Retrieval Team for First Team matchdays at Pride Park Stadium, ensuring dynamic risk assessments are completed.
- To ensure appropriate, accurate and confidential record keeping in line with Data Protection Legislation.
- To be the named first point of contact for reporting and managing safeguarding concerns, incidents, or allegations.
- To provide direction and guidance to staff regarding safeguarding concerns, incidents, or allegations.
- To develop and maintain positive external relations with local Safeguarding Boards, Football Authorities, and other statutory organisations to share information where appropriate to safeguard vulnerable groups and to act as Chair at the club's Safeguarding Governance Group meetings.
- To attend regular safeguarding training and maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and best practice.
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!