We are looking for a Lead Coach to deliver our interventions across Birmingham, working with young people who are excluded from education to develop their life skills, raise aspirations, improve physical wellbeing and focus on mental wellbeing.
You will have a youth work, teaching or sports coaching background, and be passionate about social mobility of the excluded, you do not need to be a rugby fanatic!
The delivery team always work in pairs, running our interventions across multiple sites and education settings (including mainstream schools, Pupil Referral Units, Alternative Provisions, Special Educational Needs schools, Youth Offenders Institutes and Secure Schools). While delivering our interventions is a big part of the job, you will also be responsible for supporting the Programme Manager to increase our network of schools, build relationships with key services/partners and ensure the successful collection of impact data within your region.
What the Job Involves
- Deliver our suite of interventions both during the school timetable and outside of the school timetable (3-7pm) within a range of settings within your region.
- Deliver session plans in line with our curriculum and scheme of work acting as a Lead in sessions.
- Build trusted adulted relationships with young people that are meaningful and supportive.
- Adapt to changing environments and work creatively to deliver sessions to a range of young people.
- Ensure that our web based App Player Profiles becomes an integral part of the delivery of our interventions and support mechanisms for young peoples development.
- Coordinate the organisation and delivery of holiday programmes for young people.
- Coordinate the delivery of Career Taster Days with partner organisations, workshops and tournaments for young people.
Reporting & Compliance
- Ensure the accurate and efficient collection of impact data, including but not limited to; termly questionnaires, consent forms and registration forms.
- Ensure that session data is uploaded onto UpShot within 24 hours of the session.
- To follow the Dallaglio RugbyWorks processes around reporting incidents and safeguarding concerns to ensure we are protecting young people to the highest standard.
- Provide content for our social media and coordinate the running of a regional social media account.
- Work closely with the rest of the Dallaglio RugbyWorks team to communicate successes of our interventions through case studies and termly reports.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with staff within the education settings that we work in.
- Work with the Programme Manger to liaise with provisions (schools) to implement service level agreements and ensure they are upheld by both parties.
- Work with the Programme Manager to seek out customers and sell our suite of interventions to customers in your region to meet your school charging income target.
- Support the Programme manager to establish a network of regional partners that support our interventions and build out network.
- Support the relationship management of corporate partners and donors within your region, showing them the value of their support.
- Support with the writing and application of regional trust & foundation bids to meet your regional target.
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!