Our delivery team are the people out there on the ground working with young people helping them to develop life skills, raise aspirations, improve physical wellbeing and focus on mental wellbeing.
As a Coach, you will be working to deliver our interventions to young people who are disengaged with their education. The delivery team always work in pairs, running our interventions across multiple sites and education settings (including mainstream schools, Pupil Referral Units, Alternative Provisions, Special Educational Needs schools, Youth Offenders Institutes and Secure Schools). You will always work alongside one of our Delivery Coordinators or Mentors who will act as the session lead.
This is an incredibly rewarding job for someone who is resilient, patient and motivated. You will be supporting our team to deliver interventions within Leicester. (New areas may arise as our operations develop.)
What the job involves
- Attend regular Dallaglio RugbyWorks sessions in a range of provisions, building meaningful and supportive relationships with young people in the sessions.
- Support Delivery Leads & Lead Coaches to deliver session plans that link to our schemes of work and broader curriculum.
- Deliver fun and engaging sports-based activities with young people, incorporating the values of rugby into your delivery.
- Act as a facilitator for delivering Dallaglio RugbyWorks suite of interventions against the curriculum aims. Including the delivery of digital skills workshops, employability workshops and the coordination of trips such as Career Taster Days and tournaments.
- Support the Delivery Lead or Lead Coach to ensure the implementation of Player profiles within your sessions.
- Responsible for the collection of monitoring and evaluation data for all sessions that you attend.
- Adapt to changing school environments and work creatively to deliver sessions to a range of young people.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with staff within the settings that we work in.
- To follow the Dallaglio RugbyWorks processes around reporting incidents and safeguarding concerns to ensure we are protecting young people to the highest standard.
- Get involved in other projects and pieces of work to support Dallaglio RugbyWorks.
Who you are
- Previous experience delivering youth work, sport sessions or supporting young people in an educational setting.
- A passion to help change young peoples lives and helping them to build a positive, productive future.
- Able to demonstrate effective and engaging coaching skills across a range of sports.
- Enthusiasm for using sport as a tool for social change, in particular rugby and its values.
- Being approachable, positive, empathetic and patient.
- Ability to resolve conflict peacefully.
- Reliable and excellent time keeping.
- Drivers license and access to a car or alternative travel to your allocated sessions.
- Sports coaching or youth work qualification/training. (desirable)
- Previous experience delivering young work, mentoring or sports based sessions to at risk young people in a range of settings. (desirable)
- An understanding of the exclusion landscape. (desirable
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!