Purpose of the Role
To deliver the e-cycle support programmes behaviour change activities, including large and small-scale events linked to e-cycle loans and workplace engagement. This role will be integral to deliver events within communities or workplaces, ensuring beneficiaries are supported and signposted to opportunities across the intervention and driving the uptake in e-cycle use.
Scope of the Role
Cycling UK, the cycling charity delivers grassroots cycling behaviour change programmes nationally. Our programmes are designed to reach diverse audiences and enable active travel, they include Community Cycling Clubs, Big Bike Revival, Cycle for Health and now the E-cycle Support Programme. This programme will create and deliver cycling opportunities which are inclusive, sociable and sustainable.
This role will be tasked to manage key relationships in the designated local area with stakeholders who are part of the e-cycle consortium. You will help drive key audiences to events and support them on their behaviour change journey, within this role you will deliver and facilitate community or workplace events associated with the programme, this includes:
- facilitating short and long-term loans
- organising and delivering capability and opportunity cycle sessions/events,
- workplace engagement package
- developing community e-cycle hubs
The Behaviour change officer will be a key local contact across the network and stakeholders, enabling opportunities to cycle in an inclusive manner. This will work to increase levels of physical activity, encourage cycling as a mode of transport and deliver the programmes objectives, which meet local need to address health, social and economic inequalities across the designated region.
- To be an expert in the field of Cycling UK behaviour change projects
- To build positive local relationships to be able to launch, embed and sustain Cycling UK behaviour change projects appropriate to local need.
- To assess the impact that Cycling UK behaviour change projects are having with a specific focus on increasing the number of trips by cycle, extent of modal shift, increased physical activity and behaviour change. This includes the collection of monitoring and evaluation data, data input to a online database and the generation of case studies, press releases and reports.
- To deliver the E-cycle Support Programme across the area with a focus on underrepresented groups
- To develop and affiliate Community E-cycle Hubs by engaging a broad range of communities, established groups within communities or by forming new community focused groups
- To support and encourage workplaces to be cycle friendly, increasing the number of cycle commuters across the area.
- To design and facilitate events that help more people to cycle, more often and try e-cycles in mutually supportive and social groups; provide access to training and practical support to enable volunteers to become a qualified leaders or instructors
- To identify and facilitate opportunities for Community E-cycle Hubs to run public engagement initiatives / events that target non-cyclists and help overcome barriers to participation; including but not restricted to access to a e-cycle, e-cycle maintenance training, come and try it social rides, confidence training and information on where to cycle.
- To deliver, promote and support Cycling UK’s nationally significant interventions that require specific outputs and outcomes to be achieved and reported within a set timeframe
- To build sustainability through volunteer recruitment, development and training
For a full job description, please click here
How to Apply
Please complete the application form expressing why you are the right candidate for this opening and send it to our recruitment team by clicking 'Apply now'
Focus on gearing your supporting statement to exemplify how your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly referring to both the job description and person specification.
This enables the selection panel to assess your relative strengths against the specified criteria.
and come back later!