Our club, the Cronulla Sharks Rugby League Football Club, has been a part of the fabric of the Sutherland Shire and the National Rugby League (NRL) since 1967.
With 2016 our most successful year to date, having been crowned NRL premiers for the first time in our club's 50 years of operation.
We are the heartbeat of the Sutherland Shire and are passionate about our community. Our fans are the most avid of all NRL teams and our network of partners, members and fans are highly engaged and they trust our partner brands.
We are preparing for a future that places us at the centre of our community. One that is shaped through innovation, pride and passion.
Our vision is to be Australia's leading sporting, lifestyle and entertainment destination, loved, embraced and respected for the positive impact we have on our community and its people. It's exciting times ahead, as we undergo a major redevelopment of the Sharks Leagues Club precinct to give our members a world class entertainment venue.
The Marketing Coordinator's primary responsibility is to support the Football Club departments in their coordination, execution and evaluation of marketing campaigns. They will manage a yearly calendar of Communications and provide support on events, campaigns and promotions for the Marketing team.
- Manage a rolling yearly calendar of key events, campaigns and partner deliverables for the Football Club, including the communications and advertising required.
- Develop the Team list Tuesday and Match Preview EDM each week to drive key business outcomes.
- Develop targeted SMS campaigns each week to increase the sales of Members, Ticketing and Merchandise.
- Assist with the management of the Club website, Facebook and other social media platforms.
- Using Asana, assist with the management of campaign workflow.
- Coordinate the measurement and evaluation of campaigns for partners and internal departments.
- Coordinate game day assets to ensure they are designed and implemented in a timely manner.
- When required, assist with Football Club events such as Season Launch.
- Assist the Head of Design & Content with the development and management of varied and integrated communications products and platforms including digital and social media, website, brand and style guides, print publications, newsletters and online communications.
- Assist the Head of Design & Content with the editing of the Club’s internal and external communication resources, including the main website, marketing materials, publications, newsletters, invitations, flyers, advertisements and annual reports.
- Report weekly on marketing activities and results.
- Play a supportive role where required in the broader Marketing team.
- Assist with copywriting and editorial for Sharks channels when required.
- Have tertiary qualifications in a marketing, media, or communications related field.
- Have excellent written and communication skills.
- Have the ability to actively contribute and work effectively as part of a team.
- Be energetic and tenacious.
- Have a positive "can do" attitude.
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop strong relationships at all levels.
- Have a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Have a high-level attention to detail.
- Take personal responsibility for creating successful outcomes.
- Be able to work under pressure and deal with an ever-changing landscape.
- Embrace and observe the Code of Ethics for the Club.
- Have a demonstrated ability to produce specific reports on any aspect of marketing as requested by the Head of Design & Content.
- You will be required to work outside normal business hours to attend events or to represent the Football Club.
- You must have a willingness to work outside the designated Job Description to assist the overall Marketing Department.
- You must have a willingness to adopt and operate by our organisational vision, mission and values.
- Have copywriting and editorial skills.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please subit a CV and Cover Letter via 'Apply Now'
Application close 5pm, Monday 11th July 2022.
If you have any questions relating to the role, please email: [email protected].
The Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks Vision is to ‘Change the Game’ and our Mission is to ‘Create Outstanding Experiences’. We do so by demonstrating the values of teamwork, fun, honesty, accountability, respect and belief. These values drive our day-to-day behaviours and in turn will ensure the delivery of our mission for our members, fans and wider community.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to develop their career within sport, through an organisation that truly values its people. As an employer, Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks values the contributions of all staff and is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all staff feel safe, accepted, included and welcome.
This position is bound by the Sharks Group Players and Staff Vaccination policy, Therefore, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated to comply with the policy and fulfil the requirements of the role.
If a suitable candidate is found during the time of the job advertisement, we reserve the right to fill this role prior to the closing date as stated above.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Sports Marketing / PR / Communications Degree
- Current Provide/Perform CPR
and come back later!