Coventry Rugby is looking to appoint an Athletic Development Coach. The role will deliver strength and conditioning support as part of an interdisciplinary team to develop the senior and academy playing groups.
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the performance team and will be involved in all aspects of athletic development.
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- BSc in relevant qualification (sport science, strength & conditioning).
- 1-2years experience of coaching strength and conditioning / athletic development to athletes in Elite Sport.
- Experience of working with junior and senior athletes
- Will have or be actively working towards industry standard qualifications (UKSCA, ASCA).
- Will have a passion for learning and getting better and be willing to work with the performance team across all aspects of athletic development
The role will require flexible working patterns, with evening and weekend work.
Description & Key Responsibilities
- Work as part of the strength and conditioning team with all areas of athletic development during the week for both the senior and academy programmes – with lead responsibility for the Academy Pathway programme.
- Be present at gym based and pitch-based sessions to coach and monitor session content and record appropriate training data.
- Work as part of multidisciplinary team and support all aspects of the rugby programme when required including working with the coaching team, medical team and analysis department.
- Develop working relationships with external institutions in the local area including universities, schools and amateur clubs.
- Take an active role in coach development within the local area
- Actively work towards continued professional development and industry standard qualifications. Maintain relevant checks and qualifications for working with junior athletes.
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to email Chris Hart your suitability for the role, with a covering letter and CV.
and come back later!