The purpose of this role is to provide leadership, support and drive the Union’s strategy across all aspects of the community game within Counties Manukau.
- Participation – recruiting new participants and retaining existing
- Transition – focus on at-risk age-groups to ensure rugby is the sport of choice
- Partners – connection with key personnel at Clubs, Secondary Schools & CMRRA
- Management – lead community rugby team to deliver on the strategic plan
- Junior women’s strategies
Community Rugby – Clubs and Schools
- Implement the community rugby initiatives of New Zealand Rugby (NZR) and Counties Manukau Rugby Football Union Inc (CMRFU or Union) to ensure the growth and development of rugby in the Union.
- Provide leadership and advice to the Union’s clubs and schools as required.
- Work with the relevant committees to ensure the effective running of club rugby.
- Work with the relevant committees to ensure the effective running of rugby in schools.
- Oversee the Union’s programmes implemented to recruit, develop, and retain players, coaches and referees.
- Oversee the Union’s programmes implemented to support and develop the Union’s clubs.
- Oversee the administration of draws, results, and points tables for all CMRFU run competitions.
- Ensure all primary schools have access to quality rugby development opportunities, including participation in Rip and Tackle tournaments.
- Ensure the management of the NZRU player registration database is in line with NZRU requirements.
- Manage all disciplinary and judicial matters and maintain accurate records.
- Manage overseas clearances and transfers.
- Provide leadership and advice to the Council of Delegates, Junior Management Board, and the Secondary Schools Advisory Board to ensure Bylaws, Rules and Regulations are up to date and relevant, and adhered to.
- Manage and effectively communicate all issues arising from competitions management.
- Manage the Community rugby team in all areas of the community game.
Oversee & drive:
- Ethnic strategies
- Participation & transition strategy
- Game development with the community rugby space
- Secondary school rugby competitions within CM
Support key events including:
- Winter Tournament Week
- Junior Tournament Week
- PAC 7’s
- Club of Origin
- Any other community events that may arise
Working with MIT to continue to develop the programme and promote the course through our community channels
Oversee, in partnership with the Coaching Development Manager, the appointment of coaches for any community rep programmes. For clarity this includes teams that sit outside the current HP pathways. (E.G. U16, U85)
Working with CEO & NZR to develop business plan for funding from NZR. For clarity, the Head of Community Rugby will be responsible for putting together the Union’s funding plan each year and delivering on the required KPIs, including meeting all reporting requirements as determined by NZR.
Key External Relationships
- Secondary Schools Teachers in Charge (TIC)
- Council of Delegates (COD’s)
- Junior Management Board (JMB)
- Club Committees and other Key Personnel
- NZR Participation and Community Rugby Staff
Key Working Relationships
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Rugby Development Officers/Community Rugby Champions
- Referee Education Officer
- Club Development Officer
- Coach Development Manager
- Head of High Performance
- Head of Operations
- Head of Commercial
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!