The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for ensuring Commonwealth Sport has a regular, visible, inspiring and impactful presence so that multiple audiences recognise and value our vision, mission and brand. The role will lead the development and implementation of Marketing and Communications strategies for the Commonwealth Games Federation and oversee the organisation's marketing and communication activities, including positioning, brand management, digital and data strategy, public relations, and internal communications.
Location: London, United Kingdom
- Develop a clear brand strategy to increase brand reach and coherence across Commonwealth Sport.
- Develop a clear content, storytelling and engagement strategy to increase the value and impact of the Commonwealth Sport brand and activities across multiple markets and audiences.
- Amplify brand and increase engagement across Commonwealth Sport Movement – CGAs, teams, athletes – and wider stakeholders.
- Conduct Market Research and stay ahead of competitor positioning.
- Develop and execute unifying brand and digital marketing campaigns to engage with target audiences across social media, email marketing, and other channels.
- Manage a team of marketing and communication professionals, providing direction and guidance as needed.
- Develop and manage budgets for marketing and communication activities, ensuring all expenditures are within budget constraints.
- Oversee and support the continued innovation and development of an integrated CGF digital strategy that engages audience segments and leads to real positive action.
- Manage the strategic development and oversee the distribution and maintenance of all digital products, content, print and electronic collateral.
- Develop and deliver a Fan Engagement Strategy.
- Devise and implement marketing campaigns and plans to promote specific events/programs and the Movement.
- Will play a pivotal role in supporting the rollout of our commercial and diversified investment initiatives, including the servicing rights, through effective marketing and communication strategies.
- Develop a media strategy that engages broadcast partners and media, driving amplification of all aspects of the Commonwealth Sport brand during and beyond Games time.
- Develop and implement public relations strategies to enhance the organisation’s media coverage.
- Manage internal communications to ensure all employees are informed and engaged with the organisation’s goals.
- Develop and implement the annual and long-term Organisational communications and marketing strategies alongside the CEO that support and enhance the CGF’s strategic and business plans reflecting the Movement’s vision, mission, and values.
- Ensure that all necessary communications tools and channels are in place and maintained, including across social media, to maximise the reach and profile of the CGF and its activity.
- Build professional and productive relationships and networks with key personnel in all forms of the media internationally to ensure they understand the CGF’s vision, mission, and priorities.
- Develop the organisation’s key messaging across various topics and issues and act when required as a spokesperson.
- Develop and produce speeches, presentation decks, media releases, press conferences, media events, and media briefings for the CGF.
- Support the President, CEO, and Board in developing, protecting, and promoting policies and decisions on issues that impact the reputation and success of the Movement, including, but not limited to, good governance, integrity initiatives, codes of ethics, eligibility, conduct, and the work of the CGF Athletes’ Advisory Committee.
- Prepare briefing documents both for internal and external stakeholders as required on matters of public interest to the Commonwealth Sports Movement.
- Provide media training and advice as required to President, Board Members, CEO, Executive Team, and staff, including Partner entities.
- Track, measure, and report regularly to the CEO on the level of engagement and impact within the CGA and CGF network.
Executive & Advocacy
- Support and advise the CEO and the Board in delivering all Organisational objectives, policies, and procedures across the CGF Group.
- Identify and activate opportunities to advance the CGF’s position as an effective international leader in Sport and societal development.
- Monitor domestic and international sporting and political issues and proactively inform the CGF and Board of potential issues and impacts.
- Work closely with all members of the Executive Teams to ensure all campaigns and messaging are consistent and relevant to the CGF’s objectives and values.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and delivery of future Games Organising Committees’ media operations.
- Work closely with Organising Committees to support and oversee the planning, coordination, and delivery of successful marketing and communications campaigns for the Commonwealth Games and Commonwealth Youth Games, ensuring compliance with Host City Contract obligations and supporting the overarching strategic engagement and positioning goals of the Commonwealth Sports Movement.
- Support Group CGF engagement with public, private, and third-sector organisations (including national and international Governments and other key political and sporting partner bodies) to ensure the CGF and its activities are understood and positively influence the formation of policy and actions in line with the CGF vision, mission, and values.
- Co-ordinate publication of regular updates, including an annual report to Commonwealth Games Associations (CGA) members.
- Develop and implement a tool for CGAs to provide licensed access to CGF media resources.
- Work with the Board, CEO, and Executive Teams to enhance the CGF Group’s international relations and development of entities worldwide. This will include preparing strategy and briefing documents for both internal and external stakeholders as required on matters of public interest to all the CGF’s entities (including international, leadership, and integrity issues).
How To Apply:
If you're interested in applying for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to submit your CV and covering letter to our recruitment team on or before Thursday 8 June 2023.
and come back later!