CUFITC are looking to appoint a Community Administrator to support our Sport & Education Team. This is an exciting opportunity which requires a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join our progressive Community Team.
Location: Shrub End Community Sports Centre, Boadicea Way, Colchester, CO2 9BG
Closing Date: Friday 1 st July 2022
Interview Date: WC Monday 11 th July 2022
Proposed Start Date: WC 22 nd August 2022
You can download the Community Administrator Job Pack here .
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To review existing admin systems within Sport & Education and adopt a pro-active approach to change ensuring we operate in the most efficient and cost effective manner
- Support the Sport & Education Development Officers & Co-ordinators with appropriate tasks linked to Partner School Bookings & Funded Programmes
- To implement administration systems that will assist in smooth running and development of our Sport & Education department
- Deal with incoming enquiries (by email, phone or post) on behalf of CUFITC
- To manage the website and booking engine on behalf CUFITC including the listing and booking of Partner School provision, on boarding of new partners and any online courses delivered in schools
- To act as a the Super User' of Substance Views/Salesforce for ensuring data inputting is completed and reports and data is provided to relevant funders and partners
- Communicate regularly with schools regarding upcoming programmes, projects, initiatives and events
- Ensure information is advertised and updated on the organisation's website and liaise with the PR team to make them aware of upcoming Sport & Education events and needs
- Support the Sport & Education Team with general admin duties
General Duties & Accountabilities
- To support CUFITC in their aims and objectives at all times
- To ensure compliance with all relevant Club policies, including health and safety policies
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
- To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing CUFITC
- To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Charity, Club and its personnel
- To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
- Colchester United Football in the Community is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Health and Safety
- Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out the company's health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regard to fire.
- Co-operate fully with colleagues requiring assistance and to be flexible when assisting them in response to business needs of CUFITC.
- Act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the CUFITC Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers.
- The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Company. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Substantial, demonstrable and relevant experience of administrative line management and office administration in a similar organisation or environment
- NVQ/SVQ in Business and Administration, Levels 1-4 (Desirable)
- OCR Awards, Certificates and Diplomas in Administration, Levels 1-4 BTEC Level 3 Award & Certificate in Principles of Business & Administration (Desirable)
- Understanding of the administrate functions in relation to community partnerships and programmes
- Experience of working within the sports, community or events industry
- Must deliver results within assigned levels of accountability
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Have strong IT Skills particularly Microsoft Office programmes, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Determined, self-motivated and able to act confidently on own initiative
- Excellent planning, time management, organisational, project management and accurate record-keeping skills
- Ability to work within a team and demonstrate good people management and coaching skills to improve performance and encourage initiative within a busy environment
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent level of IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- An understanding of and a commitment to CUFITC values
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good at managing tasks and prioritizing efficiently
Key performance indicators:
- Implement a consistent approach to the monitoring of all CUFITC activity via the VIEWS/Salesforce system
- Assist in developing a HPF (High Performance Framework) for all CUFITC staff
- Drive for a reduction in spend vs forecast
- Implement frame work procedures to manage and monitor training and staff development
- Assist and document recommendations for service or administrative improvements
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with CUFITC Head of Community. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
and come back later!