Overall purpose of the job
To enhance the football and holistic development of the players in the Under 14s to Under 16s age groups.
Manage the technical and tactical advancement (individual and team) of the players in conjunction with the relative age group coaches.
Responsible for the detailed holistic planning and implementation of individual learning plans in line with club coaching and playing philosophy.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Undertake self-development to ensure knowledge in relation to all aspect of your role is up-to-date and forward thinking:
- Assist with PDP ILP training sessions
- Assist with Development Squad training sessions
- Provide occasional cover for absent coaches
Coaching Curriculum, Playing and Coaching Philosophy
Ensure the academy’s coaching curriculum is consistently delivered in line with the academy’s playing philosophy and coaching philosophy:
- Ensure coaches are producing matchday/individual objectives on a match basis
- Make sure coaches are adhering to matchday protocol
- Ensure the minimum player to coach ratio for all sessions and matches is met at a 10:1 ratio
- All signed players to participate in 50% on average of playing time over the season
- Each registered outfield player to participate in at least 30 games U14, U15 & U16 per season.
- To provide or participate in a minimum of 3 festivals throughout the season
- To provide tournament football once per season
- Deliver workshops to players on the 5Cs in line with the psychological programme and adapt match day objectives to suit.
- Attend, meet and communicate with lead psychologist to help with CPD in this area.
Sports Science & Medicine
- Communicate with academy physio on a weekly basis on player’s physical progress.
- Communicate with lead strength and conditioning coach for updates on player’s home conditioning programme.
- Communicate with the Performance Analyst assigned to the phase to ensure games are tagged correctly and on time
- Produce and compile best practice clips
- Plan and prepare one group clips meeting each week for each age group
- Link PMA feedback to Dartfish (best practice / areas of development)
- Record training monthly to review coaching and training methods
- Help players compile ‘Me at my best’ player highlight reels
- Monitor players training and match minutes and feedback are completed weekly on PMA by coaches.
- After every 6 week block player must receive a MDT written review from the age group coach.
- Organise four sit down player and parent interviews and ensure academy player competencies has been completed by the players and their coaches.
- Monitor and evaluate ILPs and set/review them every 6 weeks.
- End of season Multidisciplinary report provided to all players by the end of the season.
- Monitor and update player contact and emergency details on google drive for signed and trialist players.
- Communicate to players, parents and coaches on a weekly/monthly basis on the curriculum, fixtures and events.
- Always be available as a contact for YDP phase players, parents and coaches.
- Contact new signing and send relevant information and arrange signing meeting.
- Deliver the signing meeting presentation informing players and parents about the academy.
- Process schoolboy registration & release forms. Sign players and ensure relevant EFL forms are completed and handed to the club secretary.
- Maintain in accordance with governing body rules the registration database of all academy players.
- Communicate with Talent ID Manager on trialist start dates
- Organise trialist induction - this must be carried out before the player trains and provide trialist pack.
- Meet with Talent ID Manager, HOR and AM to discuss decision on signing trialist and implement decision made in line with protocol.
- On match day ensure the match day protocol is being adhered to by players and coaches.
- Attend and input into AMT meetings.
- Organise and chair departmental multidisciplinary meetings.
- Attend and input into parents and players meetings.
Such other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the post and to assist the Academy Manager.
Person Specifications (Essential)
- UEFA A Coaching Licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award (or working towards)
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF)
Experience of working in at least 1 of the following roles:
- A football coaching role
- A mentoring/coaching role
Knowledge and/or experience of at least 3 of the following:
- The process of learning in young people (pedagogy)
- Running and designing development programmes
- Football coaching
- Leading a team
- Managing people
- Sports Psychology
ICT experience of PMA, excel, word and any other software as required to carry out the duties required for the job.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Have a ﬂexible attitude to work
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Have a polite and courteous manner
- Be organised and have good time management skills
- The ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Be able to adapt to diﬀerent and changing situations
- Have the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and achieve company objectives
- Have a personable approach
- Have a full clean driving licence
- DBS clearance
- To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the FA and the club.
Cheltenham Town FC values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Therefore, all applicants will be asked to complete a diversity monitoring form so that we can monitor whether we are attracting interest from a diverse range of candidates. It will not affect your application in any way.
How to Apply
If you meet the qualification criteria and feel you have the relevant experience and evidence to meet the job description and person specification, please click 'Apply Now' to email your CV and a covering letter by 17:00 12th September 2022.
and come back later!