MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
- To support Chelsea FC with the delivery of safe events, offering high quality service to all persons present.
- To ensure at all times the Stewards Code of Conduct is adhered to.
- To follow safeguarding policies and procedures as outlined by Chelsea FC and report any safeguarding/welfare incidents that may take place during, before and after an event
- To communicate your availability efficiently & effectively with Chelsea FC and assist in all activities as requested by the Match Day Safety Team. Attend in-service training sessions when required and maintain the Chelsea FC fit for purpose criteria in adherence with the terms and conditions of the Sessional Worker Engagement Agreement.
- Attend pre match briefings and post-match debriefings, to sign in and out and to determine duties.
- Know the location of and be able to operate effectively, if trained and safe to do so, the fire-fighting equipment and First Aid Equipment kept within the Stadium.
- Be fully conversant with any methods or signals used to alert staff that an Emergency has arisen and comply promptly with any instruction given in an emergency by the Supervisors, Chief Steward, Assistant Safety Officer, Safety Officer or a Police Officer.
- Be capable of recognising potential fire hazards and suspect items, whilst reporting such findings immediately to the Supervisor, Chief Steward, Assistant Safety Officer or the Safety Officer.
- Identify and investigate any incident or occurrence among Spectators, reporting their findings to the Supervisor, Chief Steward, Assistant Safety Officer or the Safety Officer.
- Monitor the Spectators throughout the Stadium for signs of distress or overcrowding and take action in accordance with standing instructions.
- Prevent migration to places of assembly and fire exits by ensuring the Spectator limits in various parts of the Stadium are complied with and as far as possible, from climbing fences and other structures and from standing on seats.
- Ensure that gangways and exits are kept clear at all times.
- Ensure all positions are adequately staffed in accordance to the events Stewarding Plan.
- Remain at your allocated post as instructed unless authorised or ordered to do otherwise by the Supervisor, Chief Steward, Assistant Safety Officer or the Safety Officer.
- Report to the Supervisor, Chief Steward, Assistant Safety Officer or the Safety Officer any damage which is likely to pose a threat to Spectator safety e.g. a damaged seat.
- Assist in accordance with the Club’s Contingency Plans during any emergency incidents, pitch incursion/invasion and evacuation of the Stadium.
- Assist in the identification of Spectators who are banned from the Stadium or who do not possess tickets or who are in possession of forged tickets in accordance with the Ground Regulations and the Club’s Ticketing Terms and Conditions.
- Develop an excellent knowledge of the geographical layout of the Stadium in which you are employed, in particular its entry and exit routes and to know the emergency evacuation messages as relevant to all areas of the Stadium.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
- Represent Chelsea FC in a professional manner at all times and only undertake Chelsea FC work and any other additional authorised paid work with organisations that does not risk a conflict of interest.
- Positive Attitude.
- Currently be in possession of or working towards a Level 2 in Spectator Safety qualification.
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Ability to organise and motivate team members.
- Able to work within a structured environment and follow policy and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of working with a Stadia environment.
- Experience of working within the sport industry.
- Ability to engage with others hard to both internal and external stakeholders.
How to apply
To begin the application process, please click 'apply now'
and come back later!