Charlton Athletic Football Club is an English professional association football club based in Charlton, south-east London. The club was founded on 9th June 1905 and has a very storied history from rising to the top-flight of English Football in the 1930s (First Division) and again in the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s, to winning the FA Cup in 1947 and to leaving their Valley home in the mid-1980s only to make an impassioned return in 1992. Historically, the women's team played under Charlton Athletic from 2000 to 2007 but were released to become an independently run team in 2007 following the men's team's relegation from the Premier League.
The women's team were originally formed as a non-professional team in 1991 and were highly successful in the early 2000s winning The FA Cup, the League Cup, and the Charity Shield, as well as coming runners-up in the top division in multiple seasons. In February 2021, the club acquired the Charlton Athletic Women's team, turning the team full-time professional, and integrating them to become one club again.
Currently, our men's first team competes in League One, the third tier of English football, and our women's team competes in the Women’s Championship, the second highest division of women's football in England. At Charlton, we are ‘one club’ and can be truly described as a ‘family club’.
Charlton Athletic are recruiting for an experienced Ticket Office Administrator. This role will be the first point of contact for supporters. The ticket office services all football related enquiries/requests from fans/members facilitating all ticket sales, collections, memberships, travel and general queries. The position is responsible for ticket administration and processes for the department and assisting the Ticket Office Manager when needed.
- To act as a switchboard advisor regarding the sales of home and away match tickets, season tickets, memberships and coach travel via telephone or online and deal with queries relating to ticket office products as appropriate.
- To work all first team home fixtures including friendlies and cup matches.
- To fulfil all of the duties above in a client facing environment via the ticket window as and when required and specifically on matchdays.
- Liaise with supporters clubs with regards to their ticket requirements.
- To proactively sell season ticket packages and other ticket office products through upselling additional opportunities if and when the situation arises.
- Keep up to date and ensure quality of data entry into the clubs central database.
- Ensure a high level of customer service at all times.
- Assist in the fulfilment of sending tickets purchased online.
- Assist in general administration including internal mail outs.
- Ensure knowledge of products is accurate and up to date.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other team office members of staff.
- Attend and actively contribute in training session and departmental meetings conducted throughout the year.
- Assist the Ticket Office Manager with duties appropriate to the position and post holder’s skill set and experience.
- Actively monitor personal performance at work, looking to consistently contribute to personal objectives and team goals, and focus own activities accordingly.
- Proven experience in a call center environment including inbound and outbound calls ;
- Excellent customer service skills and experience of dealing with volume calls and queries;
- Experience of dealing with and managing multiple queries;
- Experience of working within the sports stadia or events industry;
- Be self-driven and motivated with a can-do attitude and desire to go the “Extra Mile” and make a real difference;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work calm under pressure;
- Ability to understand and adapt to the culture of a professional football club;
- Demonstrate openness to accept change within an organisation;
- Actively cooperate and communicate with others, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- This a full time role that includes work on weekends and evenings (negotiable);
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK;
- Charlton Athletic FC is committed to following relevant health & safety regulations and all members of staff are expected to be fully aware and adhere to, at all times, the Club’s H&S and fire safety procedures;
- Charlton Athletic Football Club are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment;
- CAFC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, color, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignments.
Charlton Athletic Football Club are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. The successful candidate may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS). The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining a post, as all cases are mediated individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!