As the Club’s Kit Manager, you will work within our kit department, holding the responsibility for the Club’s First Team kit and equipment for our Men’s, Women's and Academy. You will coordinate for all day to day duties to be completed correctly to support players and coaching staff.
The post holder will oversee and manage all department requirements, ensuring that all equipment required for matches and training is available as per agreed scheduling. You will manage a team of staff to ensure that all duties are completed efficiently and to agreed deadlines.
- To manage the kit department and deal with all aspects of man management, setting standards of service provision, setting the team’s Rota, responding to performance issues and supporting the training & development of the kit team
- To organise and oversee the completion of all day to day duties, preparing kit and equipment, as required for daily training and its subsequent cleaning and return to appropriate storage
- To assist with the provision of re-hydration requirements of players as and when requested by the medical department
- To support first team management and staff’s kit needs, attending meetings, where required so the kit department have an input in to the day to day running of the training ground
- To liaise closely with our retail partner with regards to new kit requirements, having input about technical aspects of the kit when ordering new kit
- To be responsible for recording kit stock levels, this will include regular stock checks and ensuring that all ordering is managed within the set budget
- To organise kit distribution and printing
- To travel to first team fixtures, ensuring the correct kit is taken and contingency plans are in place for any last-minute changes, including the liaison with your counterpart at other clubs
- To liaise with the Club Secretary in keeping up to date with any official guidelines, rules & regulations through the English Football League, the Football Association or other football governing bodies
- To support 1st team training sessions, assisting with equipment provision and planning
- To ensure all kit department equipment and machinery is maintained and kept to the highest standards
- To organise, oversee and work in the laundry room, washing, drying, folding and putting away kits from training/matches. This is to be done to the high standard the Club expects
- Any other duties appropriate to the skills and experience of the post holder
- To maintain department vehicles log book and maintenance record
- IT skills to include the ability to use Microsoft Excel, word
- FA safeguarding certificate or equivalent
- Inventory management experience
- Working within sports stadia
- Heat press experience
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good time keeping skills
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- To be flexible and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills with strong stakeholder ethos
- Physically able to lift and move heavy equipment
- Actively cooperate and communicate with others, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, often under pressure, and under own initiative
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Trustworthy & reliable
- Positive about achieving Club, departmental and individual success
- Proactively take on new responsibilities and seek out opportunities to learn new skills
- Full, clean driving license
- This a full-time role that includes work on weekends and evenings
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Charlton Athletic is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Disclosure
- As such, this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful candidate must disclose all convictions spent convictions should be declared, that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS
- Charlton Athletic FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
- Any personal data that you provide to Charlton Athletic Football Club Ltd (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
- We will keep your personal information for 6 months after which we will erase it. You can always choose to have your data erased earlier by emailing us at [email protected]
- We’d love to hear from you if you believe you can meet the challenges of working within an elite sporting environment.
Charlton Athletic Football Club are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. The successful candidate may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS). The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining a post, as all cases are mediated individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Please click 'Apply Now' to send a copy of your CV as well as a covering letter explaining why you want to apply for this placement.
and come back later!