About The Role:
The purpose of your role is to manage all aspects of the Club as directed by the Board of CAWFC. This includes managing the personnel, budgets, commercial development and professional day-to-day management. You will also manage relationships and services provided to CAWFC by key partners such as Charlton Athletic FC, Charlton Athletic Community Trust and sponsors.
- In close liaison with the Board, to act as The FA’s primary contact for all League Competition business and meetings, notably those related to commercial, finance, broadcast, facility and fixture-related issues.
- Oversee the day to day running of all teams within Charlton Athletic Women’s set up including First Team, U21s and RTC.
- Maintaining and strengthening the one club relationship between CAWFC and CAFC, with particular regard to commercial and marketing initiatives.
- Assisting the recruitment of, and then advising, directing and line-managing any staff approved to work within the Women’s set up of the club.
- Development of relationships with key funding partners to ensure club sustainability: working with other members of the Club senior management team and directors to achieve this against the Club’s Commercial Plan.
- Attendance at all meetings for League Competitions arranged by The FA.
Responsibility for fixture planning and subsequent management to deliver against the Club’s plan for fixtures and events, marketing, and match-day promotion.
- Management of staff relationships to ensure effective recruitment, day-to-day management and delivery of all work plans to agreed targets, in particular marketing/match day promotion and attendance requirements.
- Supporting the coaching and senior management team on player recruitment, contracting, registration and associated salary management as appropriate.
- Management and monitoring of the financial regulation scheme in place for the League Competitions, along with day-to-day oversight of the CAWFC budget.
- Management of relationships with key personnel at the Primary and Secondary Ground to ensure annual availability, facilities usage and ground maintenance plans.
- Responsibility to assist the Board with meeting Licence requirements, and to ensure Club adheres to The FA’s Rules and Regulations and the Competition Rules.
- Preparing and submitting the annual Compliance and Development Report.
- Reporting against the FA Funding and presenting evidence required to release funding, including annual reporting through the CAWFC nominated accountant, and such other reports as requested by The FA.
- To help develop and deliver a strategy and vision for women’s football at the Club.
- Ensuring the Club adheres to The FA standards for safeguarding children.
- Maintain positive relations with key England international staff (Head Coach/Director of Elite Development/relevant age group coaches, performance support staff).
- Attend CAWFC events including end of season presentation, Christmas party etc.
- 1-2 years Experience of women's football or women's sport
- Management experience in any industry
- Club secretary work in a football industry (e.g., volunteer work in Tier 3, or Tier 4 for example)
We offer you a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast-paced, ambitious dynamic Football Club as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Applicants must be able to work extended and flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development, and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
- Hold a Full UK driving License
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Charlton Athletic Football club are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We endeavour to provide a fun, safe and welcoming environment where children and young people feel respected and valued
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your CV and covering letter.
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
Our recruitment procedures are fair, legal and ethical. We aspire for recruitment good practice, no matter the role. Please see our current vacancies below.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION
Charlton Athletic operates a policy of zero tolerance towards all forms of discrimination and anti-social behaviour.
The club has put many years' hard work into this fundamental policy and the club is committed to actively promoting this ethos and encouraging all involved with the club to embrace this.
We believe that everyone has the right to be employed by our football club and attend football matches at The Valley in a safe, welcoming and friendly environment - and that means all members of our community, regardless of their religion, ethnic origin or sexual orientation. Diversity is something to be celebrated and inclusion for all, is central to what we do.
We offer you a fantastic opportunity to work in a fact-paced, ambitious dynamic football club. In addition, we offer you the follow benefits:
- Private Healthcare
- Medicash cash back plan
- Employee Assistance (EA) program
- 5% discount in the club's Valley Superstore
- Contributory pension scheme
and come back later!