As an Academy Physiotherapist, you will assist our Lead Academy Physiotherapist with the academy medical provision of our U18s and youth development phase programme. The successful applicant must demonstrate good understanding of musculoskeletal assessment, rehabilitation and evidence informed clinical reasoning, appropriate to the specific athlete population. As part of our department philosophy, we strive to create an elite environment for our athletes through achieving excellent clinical standards in our practice, candidates must demonstrate evidence of their ability to critically appraise relevant literature in sports and exercise medicine.
The successful candidate will be expected to design, implement, and critically evaluate rehabilitation and injury management provisions based on current literature. As part of the multidisciplinary team, appreciation of key links between different departments and effective communication to all stakeholders are key elements of the daily running of the programme.
This opportunity is ideal for junior physiotherapists, that are passionate in developing a successful career in an elite football environment. We would like to highlight our dedicated mentorship programme within our department which emphasises an evidence-based approach, clinical support, and career development.
- Oversee the management of injuries of all foundation development phase and youth development phase players.
- Devise short term and long term rehabilitation plan, with stage appropriate outcome measures, based on evidence based clinical reasoning.
- Ensure effective communication of rehabilitation progress and availability to train with all stakeholders, this includes all relevant academy staff, players and parents.
- Accurate documentation of treatment notes on PMA.
- Assist in rehabilitation of professional development phase squads when the lead physiotherapists are away.
- Present player rehabilitation plan and progress in weekly medical meeting with first team physiotherapist and club doctor.
- Design and implement individualised prehab programmes alongside Sports Science and Strength and Conditioning team, to minimise injury risk of the players, based on players’ injury history, objective screening data and subjective assessment.
- Deliver age group specific group prehab sessions to address movement competency and common injuries.
- Assist in monitoring of professional development squads on match day +2.
Tours and Matches
- Maintain up to date pitch side qualification ATMMiF
- BSc degree in Physiotherapy (E)
- Registration with appropriate governing body (HCPC/CSP) (E)
- FA Level 5 First Aid or equivalent (ATMMiF) (E)
- UKSCA/CSCS (D)
- Experience working in elite sport (D)
- This a full time role that includes work on weekends and evenings;
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK;
- Charlton Athletic FC is committed to following relevant health & safety regulations and all members of staff are expected to be fully aware and adhere to, at all times, the Club’s H&S and fire safety procedures;
- Charlton Athletic Football Club are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment;
- CAFC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
How to Apply
Please click 'apply now' to begin the application process.
and come back later!