As Academy Doctor you will be responsible for coordinating and co-leading the sports medicine services for the Academy. The successful applicant will work across the Academy age-groups as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will be responsible for the assessment and management of injuries and health matters, working closely with the rest of the team to plan rehabilitation programmes that will maximise player performance, enhance recovery and return to play.
- Ensure all doping control procedures are in place and adhered to and that players are educated as to their significance.
- Be on call for the Academy as and when required and as directed by the Lead Academy Physiotherapist or Head of Sport Science and Medicine.
- Be involved with internal (CPD) and FA in service training and attend or be part of, asappropriate, all seminars, workshops, research programmes.
- Attend all U18 and U21 fixtures as directed by the Lead Academy Physiotherapist or Head of Sport Science and Medicine or ensure suitable cover is arranged.
- Oversee all medical/health related matters appertaining to all Academy players.
- Maintain medical records including cardiac screening on all Academy players.
- Make referrals for Academy players to see specialists for access to imaging or consultation through the established company process.
- Conduct medical examinations on all current Academy players, and potential new players.
- Liaise with players, coaches, medical and sport science staff on all medical matters
- Help review emergency guidelines, EAPs and protocol for the Academy
- Player SAMPLE forms (PMH, DH, allergies, NOK details
- Trauma/pitch-side bag – equipment checklist and minimum requirements.
- Emergency medication – checklist, plus list of medication use (i.e. in and out checklist)
- Designated role to order medication from appropriate supplier.
- Any other duties appropriate to the skills and experience of the position holder
- MSK injury and wound care equipment checklist.
- Ensure all players are up to date with and organise cardiac screening for all Academy players.
- Maintain minimum standards for matchday medical staff i.e. paramedic and pitch-side qualified medical team.
- Matchday timeline for medical staff. - (Example: medication and trauma bag check, medical team meeting, designate cardiac arrest or extrication roles, moulage/run through)
- To undertake CPD organised by the Club.
- Where appropriate, ensure own continuous education and personal development.
- To undertake CPD organised by the Club.
- Any other duties appropriate to the skills and experience of the position holder.
Education/Qualifications/Training Must Include:
- License to practice medicine in the UK
- ATMMiF or PHICIS Level 3 or equivalent
- Appropriate Indemnity for level. If you are not CCT’d (certificate of completion of training) - written approval from educational supervisor and indemnity is necessary, allowing distance supervision.
- MSc or Diploma in Sports Medicine (Desired)
- Experience of working with adolescent athletes (Expected)
- Experience of working within elite sport (Desired)
- Experience of working within professional football (Desired)
- Fully committed to the potentially hard and extensive schedule associated with position (E)
- Excellent IT skills including competency with Excel worksheets and Power BI (E)
- Comfortable handling data sets and producing written and verbal progress reports (E)
- Competent and personable with good time management skills (E)
- Interested in the scientific research process and leading projects (D)
- Ability to work calmly under pressure (E)
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently (E)
- High degree of personal drive and motivation (E)
- Ability to understand and adapt to the culture of a professional football club (E)
- Actively cooperate and communicate with others, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration (E)
- An ability to review the current operation and identify practical areas for improvement (E)
- Positive about achieving Club, departmental and individual success (E)
- Proactively takes on new responsibilities and seek out opportunities to learn new skills (E)
- Must be accountable for delivering results within assigned levels of accountability (E).
- Strong communication skills and the ability to motivate athletes to maximise their potential (E)
- This a full time role that includes work on weekends and evenings;
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK;
- Charlton Athletic FC is committed to following relevant health & safety regulations and all members of staff are expected to be fully aware and adhere to, at all times, the Club’s H&S and fire safety procedures;
- Charlton Athletic Football Club are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment;
- CAFC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!