The purpose of this role is to an integral part of the team, this position assists in driving the sales and new business opportunities on a day-to-day basis. The role is focused around and supporting the CAFC sales team with day-to-day duties
- To work alongside the Hospitality Sales team to manage all incoming enquires for internal or external meetings (vendors, partners, etc), events or use of facilities, from the initial request to invoicing in an efficient manner, maintaining a high individual and team conversion rate and following the daily office checklist.
- Seek every opportunity to sell the venue space available for filming, pitch hire, use of parking facilities, concerts, large venues, ticketing/hospitality/fan engagement offerings and other business opportunities like these; Thinking creatively and generating new ideas, in order to grow the business, enhance sales and profitability levels for the future.
- Proactively maximise profit margins by focusing on the up-selling or add-ons in order to achieve financial targets as well as enhancing the customer experience
- Fully comply with all club and client policies, site rules, statutory regulations and working practices. To report any maintenance and repairs that may be required to your line manager.
- Build and enhance, long– term client relationship to enhance the retention of past clients, current clients, gain referrals for new business and attract new customers, and networking where applicable
- Assist Sales team with growing and managing an agreed number of vendors, and local businesses, with a coherent sales strategy to deliver the budgeted revenue sales targets.
- Explore and actively pursue any opportunities for additional revenue streams through benchmarking the business against competitors; identifying opportunities to develop business with local clients.
- Assist in the overall business and account management for all clients, ensuring that the best standards of customer service and client satisfaction are upheld at all times.
- To protect the integrity of Charlton Athletic Football Club (CAFC) in the performance of his/her duties
- To undertake any reasonable request by management
- Meeting with Clients on their event days and ensuring that their event is being delivered as it was booked and to rectify any problems as they occur
- To liaise with the operations and catering team with a weekly function sheet meeting to go through in depth the upcoming events
- To complete all invoicing on a daily basis ensuring clients payment are being received and logged; Follow up on payments is a crucial aspect of this role.
- Monday morning update all event/function sheets for week and print ready for the event/function sheet meeting
- Every Monday, provide accounting and your line manager with the Revenue Summary Report for the week prior, along with all the invoices that have been sent out and are unpaid.
- Every week make sure that the security / reception / cleaners / Ops / catering know what events are going on in the stadium by issuing a diary of events for them
- Keep the diary updated at all times and notify the relevant departments of any changes
- Ensuring that all security and cleaning personnel are booked in advance for upcoming events
- Preparing financial reports to monitor the set budget for the financial year
- Enter all requirements onto the computerised booking system, so that the operating areas are aware of what they need to deliver
- To be part of the operational set up as needed, and during the event to ensure all areas are coordinated and events run to schedule.
- This a full-time role that includes work on weekends and evenings (negotiable).
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Charlton Athletic FC is committed to following relevant health & safety regulations and all members of staff are expected to be fully aware and adhere to, at all times, the Club’s H&S and fire safety procedures.
- Charlton Athletic Football Club are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
- CAFC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, color, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Charlton Athletic Football Club are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. The successful candidate may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS). The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining a post, as all cases are mediated individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
Click here for the full Job Description.
and come back later!