Benefits of this role
This is a challenging role. You will need to work hard, but in return there are lots of benefits. For the right person this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
- You will learn constantly. You’ll learn something new and be challenged every day. One of our values is ‘Nurture people to success’ and you will be supported to achieve success. You will learn about the science of sales and how to use it to support our customers.
- You will make a difference. Using the skills we will teach you, will be at the heart of enabling people to unlock opportunity, unlocking a career that they are passionate about.
- You can advance your career. We love to promote from within wherever possible and the right people can have a long-term career. Combined with our ambitious growth plans, there is an opportunity for you to grow with us.
- Exceptional benefit package. We look after our staff with annual leave for new starters at 30 days per annum (+ bank holidays), FREE Gym membership, life assurance, pension, cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Program, Emergency Loan up to £2,000, Employee Advantage discount scheme, and much, much more.
Examples of What You Will Do
This is a fast-paced role with huge variety and some of the activities include:
- Talking to clients. This is an office-based role from a fantastic centrally based London office where you will spend most of your day communicating to clients either by phone or email.
- Building relationships. You will need to build relationships with clients and with colleagues to be truly successful.
- Offering solutions that work. To position the best programs you’ll need to get to know your clients by thorough questioning. This high level of information will enable you to build a solution from our service to genuinely meet their needs.
Requirements for this position
We are open to hiring candidates with different backgrounds, experiences, and skills. However, there are a few non-negotiable traits that any successful candidate will possess.
- Sales experience. You will receive excellent onboarding training over several weeks, but if you have a background in sales this will get you an advantage.
- Proven winner. You must be used to sales targets and KPIs. We are looking for people who are target driven and can demonstrate exceeding them.
- Desire to learn. Do you want to learn about sales and how to be incredibly successful, whilst making a real difference to your customers? You must have a hunger to improve and the ability to learn new skills.
- You are organised. This is a fast-paced role with a mix of proactive and reactive activities. The right candidate will be able to juggle multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
- You bring energy into the room. We are looking for lively, hungry, ambitious, energetic team players.
- You are hardworking and passionate. Genuine hard work is needed to achieve challenging targets, but the rewards are great. If you want to work hard, get rewarded well and support communities all over the UK then you will enjoy this role.
- You will be bright and emotionally intelligent. A degree is not essential, but you must have the ability to learn and familiarise yourself with a portfolio of our courses and be able to describe them to clients. You must also have a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Resilience. You must be able to self-motivate and push through adversities in this role.
Central YMCA is transforming. This is an exciting time to join us as we look forward toward growth and progression and focus on our purpose to advance the education, health and wellbeing of our communities.
Come and develop your career with a UK super brand that believes and invests in its people.
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process.
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!