Celtic Football Club is currently seeking an Events Operations Manager to support the Catering team at Celtic Park. This senior role will support the Catering Manager in overseeing the delivery of best in class customer service across all events held at Celtic Park, both on a match day and non-match day.
- Ensure Catering colleagues deliver the highest level of customer service at all times, using effective coaching, leadership and communication at all times.
- Act as deputy to the Catering Manager as required.
- Assist the Catering Manager in the operational management of hospitality services on a match day
- Provide, clear, effective and inclusive briefings to supervisors and staff on service requirements, with particular attention to service standards.
- Work alongside the Catering Manager in creating a culture of superior customer service across the catering teams.
- Ensure the effective management of all customer enquiries.
- Fulfil customer service roles at designated events, as required.
- Ensure a consistent standard of service is followed at all times, alongside continued adherence to food safety and alcohol licensing legislation.
- Assist the Catering Manager and Cleaning teams in ensuring all hospitality areas remain to a high standard of cleanliness at all times.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant food safety and alcohol licensing standards and standard.
- Provide effective leadership to all direct reports, enabling the continuous development and improvement of team members.
- Alongside the Catering Manager, ensure sufficient succession planning is in place within the Catering team, with development plans identified and implemented.
- Manage both individual and team performance appropriately, ensuring performance gaps are identified and addressed constructively.
- Alongside the Catering Manager, ensure team members feel valued and recognised by acknowledging and celebrating team and individual successes.
- Alongside HR, provide relevant wellbeing support to colleagues and maintain open channels of communication ensuring sufficient opportunity is available for team members to ask for support
- Alongside the Catering Manager, ensure roles within the Catering team are designed fairly and that work is allocated appropriately between colleagues
- Ensure the health and wellbeing of colleagues is considered in all team tasks, processes and communications
- Actively build and maintain positive working relationships with Colleagues across the Club, ensuring a collaborative approach is adopted at all times.
- In the absence of the Catering Manager, chair weekly operations meetings, detailing future events and identify key relevant information
- Planning of events and staffing to the correct levels in order to operate cost effectively and efficiently
- Process rotas’ and time sheets in line with business requirements
- Liaise with management on a daily basis, looking at all aspects of the operation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Food Safety Level 2 qualification
- Personal Licence
- At least 3 years’ experience working within a similar role (preferably within stadia)
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team using a hands on approach and always leading by example
- Experienced in identifying and implementing creative solutions
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Proven people management skills
- Strong understanding of Banqueting, Restaurant and Bar operations within a hospitality setting
- Strong coaching skills, with a proven record of developing staff
- Extensive experience working in a busy, pressurised environment
- The ability to work with discretion and maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times.
- Time management and organisation skills with ability to prioritise in pressurised environment, while working to deadlines.
- Able to problem solve and prioritise own and other staff members’ workload
- Empathetic and approachable, with excellent listening and judgement skills
- Food Safety Level 3 qualification
- Experience of developing collaborative relationships with all staff
- Experience in event planning
- Food and beverage planning
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click 'Apply Now' apply to complete the application process and make sure you complete all fields including the cover letter section and upload your CV.
Application deadline: June 30, 2022
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to feedback to applicants that have not been selected for interview stage.
and come back later!