Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is now seeking applications from the suitably qualified persons for the role of Head of Operations, Cavan GAA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the county executive to develop the vision and strategies of the GAA within the county and for implementing short and long-term plans to achieve the Association’s goals.
Reporting to the Office of the Ard Stiúrthóir of the GAA and the County Chairperson, the role holder will provide direction and leadership to the management and staff and oversee the effective development of Cavan GAA.
Duties and responsibilities shall include:
- Support the County Executive in the day to day running of the county.
- Oversee HR function to support the management and the supervision of full and part-time personnel
- Support the County Executive in the implementation of the Capital Development Projects including upgrading and improvement to Kingspan Breffni and The Polo Grounds and securing of grant funding for various projects.
- To work in conjunction with the County Executive committee to develop and implement a clear strategic vision and plan for Cavan GAA.
- Establish, build and maintain strong communications with Ard Comhairle and associated county, provincial and national bodies.
- Assist the County Executive with the production of an annual operations plan and a framework to enable officers to operate as an effective team.
- Provide the necessary leadership, management, decision making and organisational skills to enhance the county committee operation.
- Lead the identification and development of the commercial opportunities on behalf of Cavan GAA through marketing initiatives and by building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with external parties and businesses in order to drive additional revenue streams in support of the strategic goals of Cavan GAA.
- Establish, build and maintain key lines of communication with Clubs, Schools and relevant Community groups, to ensure the effective promotion of the Gaelic Games through Club, Schools and Community links.
- Assist the County Treasurer by managing all financial services/operations and ensuring that proper internal controls and governance are in place.
- Support the County Treasurer by managing the reconciliation and preparation of the accounts for all entities under the control of the County Committee.
- Oversee and support the county games manager and other personnel with the implementation of county games development and coaching plan, initiatives and strategy.
- Oversee and support the County Competitions Control Committee and the Coiste na nÓg to provide a meaningful and balanced programme of games to all Child, Youth and Adult players.
- Oversee and support the County Executive to ensure that all intercounty teams are catered for within the means available to Cavan County Committee.
- Act as a conduit between the County Executive and sub-committees by maintaining thorough communications and building relationships with key local stakeholders and other agencies.
- Oversee and support Cavan Safety and Facilities Committee in the implementation of Health & Safety policy at venues in the county.
- Make appropriate arrangements for the County Convention and produce an annual report for same.
- Support the implementation of information technology and improved systems of communication to advance the work of the County Executive.
- The role holder will undertake any other such projects or responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the County Executive and will also assume the duties of the County Secretary.
- An appropriate qualification with at least 5 years working experience working in a management role
Have at least 6 years’ experience working in a senior management role.
- Experience of effective financial planning, management and reporting with previous experience of ensuring close adherence to financial and legal governance requirements.
- Exceptional leadership and organisational skills with the ability to foster and implement effective change.
- Proven experience in being able to establish and deliver a strategic plan that will generate outstanding results.
- Demonstrable ability to develop and implement progressive marketing and commercial strategies on behalf of the county.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to build and maintain strong business and team relationships and manage conflict.
- Excellent organisational skills with proven experience in working to tight deadlines and achieving set targets.
- Excellent administrative and IT skills.
- Excellent communication/presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong proven ability to work in high-pressure situations, and a flexibility to work out of office hours and some weekends.
- An in-depth knowledge of the GAA and its structures with a strong interest and understanding of Cavan GAA.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of developing, coaching strategies and tools.
- The role holder must have access to a form of transport which will enable them to fulfil their responsibilities in full.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in the GAA or similar sporting organisation (Voluntary or Professional Capacity).
How To Apply:
Candidates interested in the above role should click 'Apply Now' to send an up-to-date cover letter and Curriculum Vitae on or before 3pm on Monday, 03rd October 2022.
The GAA is an equal opportunities employer.
and come back later!