- To support the delivery of the Cambridgeshire FA strategic plan and The FA Grassroots Football Strategy.
- To provide strategic direction to the Football Services department.
- To lead on all aspects relating to football governance, discipline and regulation, commercial and office operations.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA's Safeguarding 365 for County FAs.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
- To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
- Deputise for CEO in CEO's absence including acting as line manager to the CEO's direct reports.
- Lead on building maintenance and procedures and health and safety.
- Awareness of all Cambridgeshire FA policies and procedures, ensuring that they are reviewed annually and updated where necessary.
- Lead a team to deliver the operational, discipline, commercial, and marketing aspects of the business.
- Support the CEO with day-to-day finance tasks.
- Support the CEO with County FA governance including working towards the FA Code of Governance.
- Oversee all disciplinary processes to ensure cases are handled fairly, transparently, and in compliance with FA regulations including gathering feedback and providing reports for panel members.
- Communicate governance and regulation services that meet the needs of customers.
- Manage the process of personal and non-personal hearings and act as the secretary to commissions when required.
- Ensure Cambridgeshire FA meet the targets and timings of all cases for the National Serious Case Panel.
- Manage the local/regional disciplinary panel, and any training requirements (with The FA).
- Manage all reports of discrimination, and, with The FA, ensure all panel members maintain their training requirements to remain qualified.
- Collaborate with the Designated Safeguarding Officer in all matters involving under-18s and adults at risk in the disciplinary process.
- Ensure all under-18s involved in disciplinary cases are provided with age-appropriate support.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a self-motivated team player, with leadership experience, to provide strategic direction and management of the operations aspects of the business. This includes football governance and discipline, building and office management, and commercial operations. The Business Operations Manager will be part of the management committee and support the CEO with day-to-day finance and corporate governance tasks
The CFA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of the work, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
The CFA welcomes applications from all parts of the community from people who have the necessary skills and attributes to make a positive contribution to inclusive football. If required, alternative formats of the application form will be provided on request
- A degree level qualification or equivalent experience.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent leadership skills and the ability to build trust-based relationships.
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder relations and customer service skills.
- Ability to work strategically with partner organisations across different sectors to plan and deliver football programmes.
- Project management skills and experience - to plan, set, and achieve objectives within deadlines.
- Ability to coach, develop and manage the performance of staff.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Effective report-writing and presentation skills.
- Effective prioritisation and time management skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Budget management skills.
- Qualification in sports governance, sports law, and regulation or equivalent experience.
- Experience gained working in a regulatory or law environment.
- Experience of utilising mapping programmes to support strategic and logistical planning.
- Knowledge and understanding of The FA's Grassroots Football Strategy and how the County FA Business Plans support its delivery.
- Knowledge and understanding of working with volunteers.
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!