An exciting opportunity has become available for a confident and organised Academy Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach at Burnley Football Club.
You will deliver Strength and Conditioning to Burnley FC Academy players and contribute to the growth of the Sports Science department.
Reporting to the Academy Head of Sports Science, the Academy Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach will be expected to:
- Devise and lead the delivery of individual gym-based programmes with assistance from the Lead Sports Scientist and Academy Head of Sports Science
- Assist the Academy Head of Sports Science and Lead Sports Scientist with on-field delivery of Strength and Conditioning (warm-ups, physical development session, ILP work, non-selection training group)
- Implement on field physical development sessions to develop physical qualities and aid injury prevention
- Plan and deliver weekly gym-based injury prevention and strength and conditioning sessions for the Youth Development Phase players in line with the Academy Strength and Conditioning Syllabus
- Monitor daily physical exertion of training using heart rate, GPS and RPE methods and feedback to the coaching staff via verbal communication and visual reports
- To be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires
- To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment
- Promote the Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training
An ideal candidate will have;
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Sport and Exercise Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience of working with young people in a gym-based environment
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience of delivering on-field physical development sessions for players of from U9-U16
- Understanding of Growth and Maturation and the potential implications on the person
- Possess or working towards UKSCA and or BASES Accreditation
- Master’s Degree in Sport and Exercise Science or equivalent
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football or other sports
- Current and up to date First Aid Qualification
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.*
Download full job description and person specification
How to apply
To apply for this role, please download and complete the job application form (Application Form) and then click 'Apply Now' to return the completed form to our HR department.
Applications close on 1st July 2022
Burnley Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
and come back later!