Bucks Cricket are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic part-time Strength and Conditioning coach to support the physical development of its Men’s 1st XI.
The post holder will attend all Bucks CCC Men’s 1st XI fixtures (23 match days plus potential Finals) and provide support away from matches, as agreed with the Head of Performance.
Further S&C coaching opportunities within Bucks Cricket may be available for the successful candidate (e.g. Women’s 1st XI, Men’s 2nd XI, Boys and Girls County Player Pathways).
• Undergraduate Sports Science/ Strength and Conditioning degree.
• UKSCA accreditation (or working towards)
• S&C coaching experience (through a placement, internship, or employment).
• Knowledge of long-term athlete development.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to design and adapt training programs to meet the specific needs and goals of individual players.
• Passion for sport
• Professionalism: Punctual, respectful, setting personal boundaries and adhering to ethical standards.
How To Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to email your up-to-date CV and a brief video* lasting no longer than five minutes introducing yourself and addressing all sections outlined below to Jason Harrison at Bucks Cricket.
*We would recommend sharing your video with WeTransfer ([email protected]).
Content of Video:
1. About you a. Name b. Education (university level) c. Previous experience working, volunteering, or coaching in a strength and conditioning environment.
2. Youth sport a. Identify any key considerations when working with youth athletes.
3. Cricket a. Identify 3 physical components that are essential for a cricketer to have and why. Can be specific with position (e.g., fast bowler, batter) or cover all.
The closing date for this position is 5pm on Thursday 29th February 2024
Bucks Cricket CIO is committed to safeguarding and protecting the people that we work with. As such, roles involving any type of Regulated Activity or any interaction with children, young people or vulnerable adults are subjected to a safer recruitment process: ECB DBS clearance is mandatory before taking up the role. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.