Bucks Cricket are seeking to appoint a full-time Pathway Performance Coach who will contribute towards the identification, coaching and mentoring of players and administration of teams/squads on the Bucks Cricket Player Pathway, including both Boys and Girls Player Pathway Programmes, Emerging Player Programme and Skill Zones.
The successful candidate would report directly to the Head of Pathway. This role will ensure that Buckinghamshire is developing the best possible young cricketers and teams to represent the County, progress onto Professional Academies (with our partners Northants CCC and Southern Vipers) and stay in Club Cricket.
- Coach on the Bucks Cricket Player Pathway, including both Boys and Girls Player Pathway Programmes, Emerging Player Programme and Skill Zones – with a focus on players aged U14-U18 of both genders
- Manage assigned Player Pathway squads – liaising with parents, coaches, officials, grounds and setting up NVPlay camera for streaming – and managing Talent ID processes
- Develop and update Individual Player Development Plans, deliver video analysis and player feedback processes (including for unselected players), aligned to the Bucks Cricket Pathway Approach
- Undertake administrative and any other related duties are as directed by the Head of Pathway.
Work collaboratively with the Bucks Cricket staff and pathway coaches.
Support the marketing and promotion of Player Pathway activity by providing content for social media channels and website
- Serve as a role model - for the Bucks Cricket network, acting with integrity and impartiality and communicating with transparency.
- Drive their own personal development and support those around them to do the same.
- ECB Level 3/Advanced Coach or Level 2 ready to progress onto L3/Advanced
- Experience of coaching on a county player pathway (or equivalent) or higher
- Highly effective coach of both teenage male and female cricketers
- Work weekends and evenings to deliver coaching – term-time requires almost most Sundays and minimum 2 evenings a week; School Holidays is predominantly daytime/gametime delivery
- Excellent organisation, administration and communication skills
- Has a clear understanding of what qualities and characteristics are required to become a successful cricketer and the programmes required to develop as strong a player pool as possible
- Proactive self-starter who can build strong professional relationships
- A knowledge and interest in the game at all levels – school, club, county and professional cricket
- Wants to make a performance difference to young players and can build healthy and happy long term coaching relationships with young players and their parents
- Can adapt and flex to the demands of a cricket performance programme throughout winter and summer
- An enthusiasm for learning and personal growth
- Able to work (plan, organise, take meetings) independently and collaborate with the Bucks Cricket staff
- Act with integrity and impartiality at all times and has diplomatic skills to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Hold ECB Coaching Certificate (or equivalent), DBS certificate, First Aid and Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- Ability to travel independently and use of own car
- 32 days annual leave per annum, including bank holidays and break between Christmas and New Year’s
- 45p per mile expenses (from nearest Bucks Cricket Club if based outside the county)
- Company statutory pension scheme
- Laptop and tablet provided
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Option to deliver on Bucks ECB Coach Development programmes (if/when tutor qualified)
Full job description and person specification is available to download here Bucks_Cricket_Pathway_Performance_Coach__full-time_.pdf
How To apply:
Please review the full job advertisement, before completing the application form (Bucks_Cricket_Application_Form.docx
) and then click 'Apply Now' submit it to Bucks Cricket Managing Director, Rich Hudson
and come back later!