This role offers an exciting opportunity for highly effective Physiotherapists to take on an exciting camp and competition contractor role in the athlete health services team within British Wheelchair Basketball.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Lead Physiotherapist and the wider coaching and support team, these positions will be accountable for delivery of physiotherapy services aligned to either Men’s or Women’s BWB national teams within the BWB training camp and competitions in the lead up to and during the Paralympic Games in Paris 2024.
The outcome of this recruitment process is to appoint 1-2 physiotherapy contractors to deliver to each BWB team. The dates highlighted within this advert can be covered by one practitioner or shared between two practitioners to suit the flexible nature of working whilst still providing consistent cover to the specific athlete groups.
The above training camps dates are the preparation for the 2023 IWBF World Championships which are in Dubai, UAE from 5th – 21st June 2023. In addition the international season culminating with the European Championships in Rotterdam, Netherlands from 7th – 20th August 2023.
This challenge is not for everyone and would suit a high performer who instinctively sees opportunity in challenging scenarios, a positive outlook with a proactive and solution focused approach to working, and a practitioner who works well as a member of a multi- disciplinary team and will enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced performance sport environment.
Effective Camp and Competition Delivery
- Proactively manage all aspects of musculoskeletal clinical care on training camps and at competitions including -
- Effective triage assessment of new injuries / management of any new or ongoing injuries.
- Advise on any modifications to training at the start and through the camp as appropriate.
- Pre training athlete preparation strategies such as specific taping and strapping.
- Work with the support and coaching team to facilitate post training individual recovery and regeneration.
- Support and deliver continued clinical treatment and rehabilitation under the guidance of the pre training camp handover.
- Lead on emergency trauma support and management at court side.
- First point of contact and triage in event of illness.
Collaborative and Clear Communication and Planning
- Collaborate with all stakeholders as part of the training camp and competition entry and exit processes.
- Ensure communication with Lead Physiotherapist as part of the pre-camp handover, camp deliverables based on the schedule and individual and group needs.
- Handover and signposting: e.g., medical appointments and appropriate referral to SEM provision/secondary care.
- Monitor and communicate current injuries and disseminate information to coach.
- Ensure EAPs are completed/updated for all training and competition venues.
- Provide post-camp medical summary, significant event analysis and feedback to Lead Physiotherapist and CMO.
- Communicate equipment needs and any maintenance requirements for all medical kit used on camp
- Aligned to the camp handovers and working with the lead physiotherapist, ensure that the required kit is present and in good working order.
- Ensure EAPs are completed / updated for all training and competition venues.
- Review emergency kit provided in line with EAPs, ensuring kit is available / accessible on site.
- Work with the coaching and support teams to deliver and follow all sport protocols and deliver the roles and responsibilities as communicated prior to each training camp.
- Comply with BWB organisational and health care professional codes of conduct, standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Memberships of the relevant professional and regulatory bodies.
- Medical indemnity cover at a level appropriate for this role.
- Current advanced life support qualification from a recognised organisation endorsed by the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care and Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (e.g. Pre-Hospital Immediate Care in Sport Level 3).
- UKAD Accredited Advisor Certification.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
Click here for the full Job Description.
and come back later!