About British Weight Lifting
As the UK's recognised Governing Body for weightlifting and para-powerlifting and our role is to inspire a nation of weightlifters and para-powerlifters through exceptional leadership and expertise. We are responsible for the growth and success of weightlifting and para-powerlifting at every level. Our work sees us support a network of weightlifting bodies, clubs and gyms across the UK, as well as the thousands of people actively involved in Olympic and Paralympic weightlifting disciplines. We strive to deliver exceptional training programmes, educational structures and competitions that create opportunities for individuals to participate and excel in our sport.
- To support the Education Team, with coordinating education packages and services, in line with best practice, agreed processes and deadlines
- To support BWL customers and members with enquiries, acting as a first point of contact and providing a high-quality customer service experience
- Respond to enquiries from customers, members, athletes, coaches, officials, clubs and suppliers (via email, telephone and post) and provide effective and informative customer service support, as well as acting as the first point of contact for the following inboxes:
- Online Learning
- Co-ordinate education packages and services including:
- booking of courses
- booking of venues
- liaising with external educators/assessors/IQAs
- processing individual and group bookings
- processing of ULNs, registrations and certifications
- processing of partner bookings
- membership processing
- Maximise data collection with customers and partners through accurate reporting and effective use of BWL systems
- Set up of the BWL project management system with the education team at the start of each project
- Provide customer service support to increase the operational efficiency of the education team and support membership enquiries to help achieve financial targets and strategic goals
- Maintain individual member and club records on the Sport80 CRM system and support individuals and clubs to update these as required
- Approve/refer qualifications uploaded by members into their Sport80 profiles
- Maintain the BWL elearning platform including:
- ensuring appropriate access for learners
- ensuring appropriate access for educators, assessors and IQAs
- ensuring results, grades and assessments are processed correctly
- Assist the Education Team in the processing of education finances including updating the monthly tracking report
- Develop and provide regular monthly reports to contribute towards the monthly management reports and operational plan
- Attend education events as required and provide appropriate support services during such events
- Attend competitions as required and provide appropriate support services during the event
- Assist with the implementation of operational plans to maximise revenue generation and meet annual targets.
- Any other general tasks to support the work of BWL
- Demonstrate commitment and behaviours in line with the BWL values
The person specification describes the experience, qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities that BWL are looking for.
Essential skills/experience are:
- Experience of working in a customer service/administrative role
- A polite and helpful telephone manner
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to handle customer enquiries promptly, professional and informatively
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good IT skills especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and knowledge of CRM systems
Desirable skills/experience are:
- An interest and enthusiasm for sport
- Knowledge of education services, eg course/qualification administration and online learning systems
- Experience of working for a national governing body or sporting organisation
Salary and benefits
- The starting salary for the position will be £20,000-£22,000, depending on experience. Salaries are reviewed each year in April
- 26 days annual leave (which increase with length of service), plus statutory bank holidays
- A company pension scheme
- An annual bonus scheme
- An Employee Assistance Programme – delivered by a third party organisation.
Commitment to Equality
BWL is a recognised equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
Application and Selection Process
- Please download and complete the application form
- Once completed, please click 'Apply Now' to email your form to Sue Ward at British Weightlifting.
Selection: Shortlisting will take place as soon as possible once applications close. Please can you indicate clearly on your application form, a telephone number where you can be contacted during office hours (9.00am – 5.00pm). Successful applicants will be contacted via email with information relating to the interview time, location and format. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
and come back later!