To assist the head coach in the creation and delivery of an athlete centred performance programme for the senior men’s sitting volleyball athletes leading ultimately to progressive success on the international stage, and Paralympic qualification and success.
- To assist the head coach to develop, plan, communicate, and deliver an athlete centred programme of training and competition for GB Senior Men’s Sitting Volleyball Squad alongside the BVF annual and Paralympic cycle plan for GB Sitting Volleyball.
- To support the head coach at training and matches, and run sessions at the request of the head coach.
- To be comfortable to cover for the head coach in the event the head coach is unavailable.
- To develop relationships with all athletes and staff members across the senior and performance pathway, communicating and sharing plans and best practice.
- To assist to recruit, evaluate and select athletes within the pathway for the benefit of the athletes development, and the programmes strategic plan.
- To assist in the development of fair, transparent and effectively communicated athlete selection policies and appeals procedures.
- To assist the head coach in setting and monitoring individual athlete plans for each squad member to enhance their performance in line with the programme plan.
- To assist in managing the support services required by the athletes, coaching, team management and sports science support.
- To work with the BVF staff to plan, monitor and evaluate the programme.
- To empower all staff members to fulfil their roles and maximise the efficiency of the programme.
- To uphold all BVF policies related to selection, safeguarding, date protection, equality and any other policy that is relevant.
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a coaching qualification Level 1 award or equivalent international qualification.
- At least 1 years coaching sitting volleyball athletes within a club set up.
- Have an understanding of athlete development plans.
- Demonstrate coaching and leadership qualities.
- Understand how individual players are motivated and can vary approaches to develop the very best performance and to bring the best out of existing talent
- Able to make behavioural change to have a positive impact on performance.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Able to communicate fluently in English both written and verbally
- Willing to work irregular hours and travel extensively with overnight stays and weekend work
- Willing to learn and continue personal development as a coach
- Willing and able to sign all policies and undergo training where relevant to the position as identified by the BVF, including anti-doping, safeguarding, equality etc.
- Has a current DBS.
This job will be offered on a fixed term basis, subject to annual reviews, until the March 31st 2025, based on UK Sport funding allocations.
Starting Salary: This is a non-salaried position (Expenses will be paid in line with the BVF expenses policy)
Period of Notice: 1 month
Hours of Work: Your normal hours of work are those hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of your position to the satisfaction of the BVF and for delivery at camps and competitions
How to apply
If you are interested to apply for this post please click 'Apply Now' to email a covering letter outlining your experience and skills for the job along with a current CV to our recruitment team.
and come back later!